A Few Frame Designs for Desert Thieves

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

A Few Frame Designs for Desert Thieves

Postby Atavism » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:44 pm

Decided to kick around some designs I liked recently in the old Stud.io.

We've got a riff on Artasid's "Kyutai," which ended up a bit more compact. I cheated a little with the colors so I could use one of those new Harry Potter candle parts as a gun.

Next up is Trokodile's "Beta Skull," I really wanted to incorporate some function into those big side panels, but couldn't get rockets to fit the profile.

And finally an attempt at Vitor's "Jackdaw," although this one really deviated during construction. You gotta believe it's there. :lol:

Edit: Y'know what, I just took another swing at it.

These were fun to build, and thanks for sharing my dear fellows!
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Re: A Few Frame Designs for Desert Thieves

Postby Artasid » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:30 pm

We're not worthy!
We're not worthy!

Those are some wonderful adaptions Atavism. Its always special to see whenever you take an intrest in our unworthy builds. lol :lol:
Though I am somewhat curious how you made the core for the Kyutai. It's different than what I normally use
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Atavism » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:01 am

Oh shush. All are worthy in this place.

Anyway, I misread your build at first and thought it was three tall, and my original plan was to put the gun into the middle layer. To that end I used a technic brick and 1x brackets on the bottom, and the top (which would have been the middle) was a travis with 1x3 plates on the sides like I do for the larger Twank turrets.
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:13 am

Atavism wrote:Anyway, I misread your build at first and thought it was three tall, and my original plan was to put the gun into the middle layer. To that end I used a technic brick and 1x brackets on the bottom, and the top (which would have been the middle) was a travis with 1x3 plates on the sides like I do for the larger Twank turrets.

ah, I see it now. Thank you. I'm going to give it a try because the original build for the Kyutai was meant for Trundleball, and does not hold a lot in terms of hardpoints for systems, unless you want to go for that 'afterthought installed' look. Your upgraded version has more military applications.
Thanks again.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Aardvark17 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:09 am

These are so fantastic frames, Atavism! As always the little microfigs are great, but my favorite bits are probably the systems, they're cohesive, easily visible and look great.
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Atavism » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:53 am

Thank you Aardvark!

Artasid, I tried it out with the extra layer. Now it's a Kyuuuutai. :lol: The main problem with doing the design in layers like this is that you have to get a little creative finding stuff to add to the back end so it doesn't end up with a pancake butt, but I'm sure you'll figure out something good.

Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Trokodile » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:36 pm

I didn't even recognize the Beta Skull until I saw the name! It looks good, and now i have an urge to make a rocket loadout...
I like the other designs, too. The microfigs are a nice touch, too.
To quote the great Artasid, "I hope you enjoyed and I always am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share."
Trokodile
Talkative

Postby SamSam » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:22 am

loks like dalek from DR.Who
SamSam
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:04 pm

Those are all gorgeous, PB, great to see you building again, might have to follow your lead and make a come back as well. Life has been harsh, but I guess I can pull some me time this week.

The Jackdaw looks great, honestly, great implied movement on the legs!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:59 pm

Glad you approve Trok.

They'll do much exterminate, Samsam.

Vitor, yeah I feel you. There's been a little lull at work and I started to feel the itch, in no small part because there's so much great building going on here without me!
Atavism
Mod Team

Return to Frame Designs