Kyutai

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Kyutai

Postby Artasid » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:00 pm

The Kyutai frame (Japanese for Sphere body) is the newest frame design for the Trundleball games. It's sleek roundish design is meant to cut down on wind resistance, plus it uses common construction elements which cuts down on expenses. It is the intent of the manufacturer to create a sudden boon of popularity for the sport.

ImageKyutai

There are rumors that some Kyutai have undergone drastic alterations and have been utilized in mercenary and pirate bands as weaponized frames, though this claim has not yet been substantiated.

LDD File for anyone interested in making their own.
Kyutai LDD

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Re: Kyutai

Postby Trokodile » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:28 pm

This gave me an idea about starting a challenge for bricking something in under 5 minutes based solely on a single image, no instructions given.

So, to test this idea, I set myself a 5-minute timer. I pressed Start, raced to grab and open my brick containers, and build a complete Kyutai with a weapon. It took me 3:27 to build this:
AEILOS Industries freebooters came across a top-secret blueprint designed for a sport Frame, and realized its combat potential. They quickly improvised and modified one, giving it heavy armor and a pulse cannon.
Loadout:
d6Rd d6Rd Pulse Cannon
d6B d6B Heavy Armor
d6G Quad Mobility
d6W d6W

As always, Artasid, your designs never fail to impress! I'm a big fan of this one in particular.
To quote the great Artasid, "I hope you enjoyed and I always am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share."
Trokodile
Talkative

Postby Arctic Banana » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:56 pm

Interestingly, if you leave it a cube, it's Mr. Jameson.

ImageCEO Mr. Jameson
If playing Dungeons & Dragons has taught me one thing, it's that you should probably not trust someone who introduces themselves with the phrase "GREETINGS FELLOW MORTALS IT IS I."
Arctic Banana
Chatty

Postby Trokodile » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:59 pm

Arctic Banana wrote:Interestingly, if you leave it a cube, it's Mr. Jameson.

Nice one! I might try that version of it! How long do you think it took to build it?
To quote the great Artasid, "I hope you enjoyed and I always am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share."
Trokodile
Talkative

Postby Arctic Banana » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:03 pm

Trokodile wrote:How long do you think it took to build it?

I didn't time myself, but definitely less than 5 minutes. "America's Got Talent" is on TV right now and I built it before the act that was on finished.
If playing Dungeons & Dragons has taught me one thing, it's that you should probably not trust someone who introduces themselves with the phrase "GREETINGS FELLOW MORTALS IT IS I."
Arctic Banana
Chatty

Postby Trokodile » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:04 pm

Arctic Banana wrote:
Trokodile wrote:How long do you think it took to build it?

I didn't time myself, but definitely less than 5 minutes. "America's Got Talent" is on TV right now and I built it before the act that was on finished.

Cool. Hope you'll try a designated 5-minute challenge sometime, especially with your Kobold design being part of it!
Trokodile
Talkative

Postby SamSam » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:55 pm

need hamster, then it perfect.
all misssed the point i think Art trying to bring back trundle bal mini game
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:02 pm

Those are some nice variants Trokodile and Artic Banana. Nice to see it getting some attention.

Arctic Banana wrote:Interestingly, if you leave it a cube, it's Mr. Jameson.

lol I'M GETTING A PIG!!! :lol: :lol:
By the sheer fact that I made Tachikomas in the past, tells you that I am a GitS fan.

SamSam wrote:need hamster, then it perfect.

As in it's a hamster ball? or are you referring to Hammond/Wrecking Ball from Overwatch? Interestingly Hammond/Wrecking Ball is what inspired this build.

SamSam wrote:all misssed the point i think Art trying to bring back trundle bal mini game

Well yes and no. It is true I am trying to get Trundleball some more attention (it could really use it) but at the same time I left it open for others to make their own interpritations for the frame, like Trokodile and Artic Banana had done. There really is no wrong answers here.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:30 am

I meant to post this earlier, but I was having technical difficulties uploading the pic.

A few weaponized Kyutai

ImageWeaponized Kyutai
GOLD: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Crab Claws, d6Y d6Y Dual Antenna, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
RED: d6Rd d6Rd Turret Blaster, d6B d6B Lots of Armored Spikes, d6G Quad Mobility
GREEN: d6Ra d6Ra Swarmer Pod, d6G Rear Thrusters, d6G Quad Mobility

I actually have to laugh at myself. As I was making the gold one I kept singing

"Crab People! Crab People! Look like Crab but Talk like People! Crab People!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Trokodile » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:35 am

I'll be honest here, I don't know what Trundleball is... I'm a bit too new to the Hangar.
Trokodile
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:19 am

Trokodile wrote:I'll be honest here, I don't know what Trundleball is... I'm a bit too new to the Hangar.

No worries. Trundleball and its rules can be found here
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Arctic Banana » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:31 am

Trokodile wrote:I'll be honest here, I don't know what Trundleball is... I'm a bit too new to the Hangar.

Trundleball is a game mainly about shoving each other's tiny hardsuit-sized frames around uncontrollably and causing hilarious collisions, and also maybe occasionally scoring a goal or two. It started with the mighty Trundle, and every now and then there's a new frame like the GD-B0Y, Weeboo, and Sardine that suits the size and shape requirements and the game gets brought up again.
Arctic Banana
Chatty

Postby Atavism » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:48 pm

This thing is such a cutie. Nice work, as always.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Aardvark17 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:07 pm

I have to agree with Atavism, this one's super clean and has a great shape. I like the use of padlocks to make a compact "hip" structure
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Trokodile » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:42 pm

Might have to try out Trundleball now, it looks fun! A legless HatRabies Sprinting Ghost might fit the parameters, actually.
Trokodile
Talkative

Postby SamSam » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:04 am

you sould! I haven't played one but saw some others playin and it look funs
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:25 pm

Recently, the great Atavism made a variation of the Kyutai build Link here along with variants of some other frames. I enjoyed his core build technique as it allowed the Kyutai to function for roles outside of Trunderball more easily. He informed me what he used and by using his design, I bricked a few updated Kyutai, which I am calling Kyutai-Ata class.

ImageKyutai-Ata Class
LEFT: d6Rd d6Rd Machine Gun, d6Y Tracker Beacon, d6G Long-Stride Legs
RIGHT: d6Ra d6Ra Mortar Pods, d6G Rear Thrusters.

SPECIAL THANKS to Atavism for sharing the central core design, which I used for these two.
I can not make an LDD of these because Digital Designer does not feature the 1x1 brackets used for the lower part of the central core.
But I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Atavism » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:50 pm

I like that as a biped... You know, with all those circles on the front, they start looking like baby Salticidae.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:54 pm

Atavism wrote:I like that as a biped... You know, with all those circles on the front, they start looking like baby Salticidae.

Thank you Atavism. I enjoy the biped as well. In all honesty, i ran out of padlocks to make another quad so i was forced to improvise. The same with the round tiles in front as they were the only ones i had in the azure color scheme.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:23 am

With the increased popularity of the Kyutai, I decided to make another slight redesign, focusing on more common friendly parts. I like the Ata redesign, however, the 1x1 brackets used are sometimes hard to come by in my area, so I made some attempts that do not require them as much, (With 1 or 2 exceptions)
The result is the Kyutai-Ata MK2!

ImageKyutai-Ata MK2
ORANGE: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Firelaunchers, d6Y Antenna, d6G Quad Mobility, d8Rr SSR
WHITE: d6Rh d6Rh Anti-Riot Flamer, d6Rd d6Rd Mini Gun

These ones are just slightly larger than their predecessors, appealing more for the p7 scale than the p4 scale from earlier designs.

This is what I love about the hanger. You post a build, someone sees it and tries to upgrade it. You like the upgrade then try to improve it some more. This sharing and improving on ideas is the very ESSENCE of the Hanger in my opinion and I feel so blessed to be involved.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Next

Return to Frame Designs