MetalBeards Mobile Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

MetalBeards Mobile Frames

Postby Artasid » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:59 am

ATTENTION! With Flickr changing its policy on free accounts, these will most likely be the last pictures I am able to post. (Unless someone can suggest an alternative.) I will still be an active member of this community, as MFZ has become a rather integrated part of my life.

To promote the new LEGO Movie 2, several sets have been released. One of which is the Polybag set 30528: Mini Master-Builder MetalBeard. Which also happens to be a 3 in 1 creator set as well.
ImageMetalBeard 3n1

Right away, the standard build stuck out as a 'Frame in Bag' despite the minifigure head part. It also seemed like a decent set for some steampunk inspired parts. Using the main build as a template, I included some extra parts and turned these into a 3 man frame company.

ImageMetalBeards Mobile Frames
LEFT: d6Y d6Y Dual Radar Towers, d6G Extra Mobile Wheel, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
CENTER: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Cutlass' (aka pirate swords), d6Y Spyglass, d6G Extra Mobile Wheel, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
RIGHT: d6Rd d6Rd Cannon, d6Rh d6Rh Claw, d6G Extra Mobile Wheel

You'll notice that the center one is the main build, however, the set included some extra parts, such as an extra sword and robot arm, I simply added those, which makes the center one essentially an SSC. The other two are NOT SSC's since I had to include parts from my own collection, but 90% of the parts used in their builds are from this set.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eager to hear any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Re: MetalBeards Mobile Frames

Postby Mantisking » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:08 am

Artasid wrote:ATTENTION! With Flickr changing its policy on free accounts, these will most likely be the last pictures I am able to post. (Unless someone can suggest an alternative.) I will still be an active member of this community, as MFZ has become a rather integrated part of my life.

You could do what I do, post one picture per build to Flickr and host the rest at Brickshelf.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Aardvark17 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:23 pm

You could also create a second account and keep going from there, with a link to each account in the profile description
That's what Drazelic/Zerovirus did, though for a different reason.
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:23 pm

Mantisking wrote:...You could do what I do, post one picture per build to Flickr and host the rest at Brickshelf.

Aardvark17 wrote:You could also create a second account and keep going from there, with a link to each account in the profile description
That's what Drazelic/Zerovirus did, though for a different reason.

Thank you for the suggestions guys! I'll try them both and see which one works for me. Thanks again <3
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs