Swarm of Drones

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

Swarm of Drones

Postby Alexial » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:06 pm

--BASIC FLUFF--
Need something capable of taking down frames, without losing pilots? Have a lot of these? Then we have the vehicles for you!
--END FLUFF--
Ran out of enough similarly colored joints to make a frame, but noticed I had a lot of these. They kind of looked like futuristic drones to me, so I strapped on some systems, made some stands, and called it good.
Currently, I have 3 frames worth of these: two soldiers and a close assault with 3 SSRs.

ImageSwarm Company by Alexial1, on Flickr
ImageSwarm Close Assault Loadout by Alexial1, on Flickr
ImageSwarm Soldier Loadout by Alexial1, on Flickr

Close up of each system:
ImageClose Assault with 3 SSRs by Alexial1, on Flickr
The little spikes on the bottom are the rockets, the drone just carries them.
ImageSwarm Direct-Fire Drone by Alexial1, on Flickr
A basic drone with a basic weapon strapped on.
ImageSwarm Spotting Drone by Alexial1, on Flickr
Equipped with a 360 camera for greater visibility.
ImageSwarm Movement Drone by Alexial1, on Flickr
Unburdened, these drones should be pretty fast, so calling this one the movement system.
ImageSwarm Defense Drone by Alexial1, on Flickr
This drone is more heavily armored than the others, and can fly in front of them to take shots for them.
ImageSwarm HtH Drone by Alexial1, on Flickr
Equipped with a short blade, because rebellions can't afford plasma edges, and because I couldn't find any lightsabers while building this.

The stands are made of bars and axles, with the axles being stuck into the bottoms of bricks, and the bars being stuck into technic pins which are stuck into the bottom of bricks. The axles were used because I ran out of bars.

This can be moved to frame designs if someone feels it's appropriate. Not really a vehicle OR a frame.

Comments, questions, and criticism welcome.
Any builds posted here have probably been already modeled in Mecabricks.
Alexial
Young Gun

Re: Swarm of Drones

Postby Artasid » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Using some unique pieces such as these are darn near in expert territory. I particularly like your use of the minifig magnifying glasses. I am definitely going to have to borrow some of these ideas. lol
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Alexial » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:21 pm

Thanks! I originally wanted to make this idea with these, until realizing I had basically none of the parts needed to actually build it ready and sorted. (I guess I could build some of them when I get around to ordering for a company of these, but right now I'm seeing how many frames I can build without having to order parts. Haven't ordered since finding out about MFZ, and pretty proud of how much I've managed to get done off of my limited parts.)
Alexial
Young Gun

Postby Artasid » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:37 pm

Alexial wrote:Haven't ordered since finding out about MFZ, and pretty proud of how much I've managed to get done off of my limited parts.)

When I discovered MFZ several years back, I was in the same situation, hardly any good pieces and I relied heavily on polybags, particularly the Mixels sets (God how I hate they were discontinued...) And I was limited in parts to use as well. I think each of us who were not an avid LEGO collector before MFZ has this issue. Over time, when I became more financially secure, I began to place online orders for parts, mostly bricklink or the LEGO shop online store.
Case in point, many who discover Mobile Frame Zero are usually lacking in parts at the start. Its something I believe each of us share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:17 pm

Those look pretty ominous and terrifying, with all those jet black faceless threats!

Pretty obvious to point out, but those could also be sick IO frame companies!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Alexial » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:53 pm

I really need to get around to reading the IO rules so I can figure out whether or not ot post some of my old creations (from before I found out about MFZ).
Alexial
Young Gun

Postby spacemonkey » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:56 pm

These are super cool and creative!
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Vehicle Designs