Some BattleTech-inspired vehicles

This forum is for any non-Frame, non-Alpha Bandit creations that will be rolling dice during play.

Some BattleTech-inspired vehicles

Postby Francisco Duarte » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:34 pm

Hey!

Alongside my BT-inspired Frames, I'm also building some vehicles to spice things up and make team-building and management interesting for the players. Similarly to the Frames, these vehicles also work under homebrew rules. Vehicles only get one white die, plus light vehicles only get one system, mediums only get two, heavies three and assaults four. Helicopters also get a free green die. This serves to make the vehicles feel different from the Frames and cheaper to deploy. Also, good cannon-fodder for a RPG-flavored game I intend to run.

Like their Frame counterparts, some of these vehicles can also mount one-shot rockets, named "Infernos."

Let's start with the Mobile Headquarters, a medium vehicle, equipped with advanced communications and advanced sensors. This unit is not supposed to be in the front, but as far away from the fighting as possible, spotting targets and helping allied units pick and destroy their targets,

Image Image

Sorry that the pictures aren't of better quality, but something wrong happened with the camera. Anyhow, the mobile HQ is built as follows: d6W d6Y d6Y

The long-range missile carrier follows. A heavy vehicle, it comes equipped with all the missile launchers and an ECM system, and serves as an artillery battery, relying on the distance from the front-line and being conspicuous to remain alive. It can equip Inferno Launchers.

Image Image

The build would be something like: d6W d6B d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra d8Rr

Next we have my first tank, the Bulldog. This is more of a upfront brawler. It has a heavy laser, a short-range missile launcher and heavy armor. In the test game I've played some time ago it was able to down a light mech due to sheer firepower, so maybe that is the way to go with these weaker builds: make them specialized and leave versatility to the mechs, as it usually happens. The Bulldog can also equip Infernos.

Image Image

This tank is a: d6W d6B d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd d8Rr

Finally, the Marksman. This one is a odd one, as it is a stand-in based on another set that I've built some time ago, but which I'll intend to use given that I wanted some more variety in the available designs. This is another brawler, but more versatile. It equips a heavy autocannon for direct fire, a rocket launcher for long range fire, heavy armor, and also Inferno launchers. It tries to compete with the Mechs, and whilst not as powerful, it can be brought in numbers and present a clear and present danger.

Image Image Image

It is built as follows: d6W d6B d6Rd d6Rd d6Ra d6Ra d8Rr

I also thought about re-purposing the Land Raider I've made for another set as a heavy APC: d6W d6B

These tanks are, for the most part, based on the Einherjar builds, by Johannes Bormann.

Tell me what you think. 8-)
Francisco Duarte
Chatty

Re: Some BattleTech-inspired vehicles

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:40 pm

Can't believe I somehow skipped this post!

Gotta love that Mobile HQ, super clean and recognizable!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Re: Some BattleTech-inspired vehicles

Postby Francisco Duarte » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:29 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Can't believe I somehow skipped this post!

Gotta love that Mobile HQ, super clean and recognizable!

Thank you! It was actually recycled from a previous set and adapted. I really like the way it turned out too.
Francisco Duarte
Chatty

Return to Vehicle Designs