Just Some Random Ships

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

Re: Just Some Random Ships

Postby Artasid » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:33 pm

The Das Omin is an Enigma wrapped in Mystery, placed on the table of Unknowns at a Riddle's Birthday Party.
All attempts to communicate with this vessel has failed and most attempts to discover it origins or it's affiliation quickly become disastrous. No one is sure where the ship came from nor is it clear who or what crews the vessel. There are many rumors and theories, but none of them have been confirmed. Is it terrorist mercenaries? A Free Colonists Splinter group? A rogue Solar Union experiment? Some even speculate that it's a modified Deimos Class Corvette give it has a similar Multi-Layered Armored Pod configuration.
Among many of the colonists, personnel's and local folks have started many tales about the black vessel, the most popular is a child's story that the ship is controlled by human sized alien bugs with acid for blood, but again, these stories have no evidence to support them.
All that has been confirmed that it's sighting has proven to be a bad omen for any that seem to approach it.
ImageDas Omin
ImageDas Omin Side View
ImageDas Omin Frontal
Das Omin: d6Rd d6Rd Electro-Rail Plasma Cannon, d6B d6B Multi-Layered Armor Pods, 1d6K Anit-Frame Fighter Bay with Speed Ace Fighter Squadron

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:19 pm

I wouldn't want to have my ship rammed by that!

Gotta love that tough look!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:13 am

The Starliner is a cheap and reliable cargo and transport vessel that is a common sight in many Transit Gate star systems. They use convenient and conventional parts for construction which makes them an economically sound option for those looking for a nice deal in transport fees. Many of todays veteran large ship pilots pay their respects to this high value asset, as they have themselves at one point in their lives, had served on one during their careers. Though the ship design is old by todays standards, it is a workhorse that has stood against the test of time.

ImageStarliner HVA

I hope you enjoyed and as always, eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Last edited by Artasid on Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:17 pm

The Adell Class Frigate is quickly becoming a popular favorite among the Free Colonists. It is relatively cheap to produce, plus its hull in constructed on a modular system which allows ease of changing equipment for the vessel at any space dock, station or ship yard. This versatility allows the Adell Class Frigate to fill any number of roles needed for a variety of different scenarios. Though there are perhaps countless loadouts for the Adell, the following pair were the first Adell Class Frigates documented.

ImageAdell Class Frigates
LEFT: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Multiple Point Defense Turrets, d6Y Radar Tower, d6G Frigate Engines
RIGHT: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Long Range Torpedo Tubes, 1Kd6 Frame Catapult, d6G Frigate Engines

ImageAdell Class Frigates side

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Woah, those look extra fine, Artasid!

Those torpedo mounts are really clever!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby SamSam » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:05 am

Thos are neat. Whats core of Adel look like?
I like the hanger one best. any chance to make one with 2?
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:00 am

VitorFaria wrote:Woah, those look extra fine, Artasid!

Those torpedo mounts are really clever!

Thank you VitorFaria, the torpedo mounts were just a happy accident that I liked the shaping of.

SamSam wrote:Thos are neat. Whats core of Adel look like?

Thank you SamSam, however, I currently do not have a breakdown picture of the core itself, but I can provide an LDD file, which includes the 2 previous Adells, plus one that has 2 frame Catapults and extra side plates per your request. (There will be colored studs near the build to indicate which is which)

Here is the LDD file for anyone interested
Adell Frigates LDD

I hope this helps and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:54 am

SamSam wrote:Whats core of Adel look like?

Although I have already provided a Lego Digital Designer file for this build, I was asked by a friend to post a bricked breakdown because he does not have access to LDD files or Stud.io.

ImageAdell Breakdown
LEFT Adell: 3Kd6 Dual Frame Catapults, d6B Armored Siding, d6G Frigate Engines
CORE Adell: No systems
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:12 am

The Riviera is a Free Colonist prototype Frigate. It uses a new engine design that, theoretically, provides greater velocity speed and has less energy waste drain during operations. Testing is still being performed to confirm these theories.
The vessel can be operated by a single pilot, though the ship has enough interior space to provide comfort for several individuals, including living quarters, restroom facilities and even a kitchen/dining nook. With these amenities, it is most likely the Riviera will become a luxury cruise vessel, though some speculate that it might as easily be converted into a troop transport, or even an armed Frigate. So far, no one can confirm nor deny what the Riviera may become once the testing of it's engine systems are complete.

ImageRiviera Frigate Prototype HVA
ImageRiviera Frigate Prototype HVA rear

I have thought about giving the Riviera some systems to make it a battleworthy vessel, but at the same time, I like it's HVA appeal. May I get some opinions on this issue please?
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:34 pm

That looks super clean and gorgeous, Artasid!

Gotta love the cool angles you pulled here!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:03 am

VitorFaria wrote:That looks super clean and gorgeous, Artasid!

Gotta love the cool angles you pulled here!

Thank you VitorFaria. I've been getting a lot of praise and compliments regarding the angle of the engines.

The LEGO Digital Designer will not allow me to recreate the angles I used, because they are considered 'illegal connections', Here is a skeletal breakdown of the Riviera.

PLEASE NOTE!!! in order to better see what parts were used and where they are connected, I have used different colored pieces for this breakdown. I believe the different colors will make the build a lot easier to see than if I used the standard black and dark gray that I originally used.

ImageRiviera core
ImageRiviera core side

I really hope this helps and if you are in need of further assistance, I will gladly post step by step breakdown pics.
I hope you enjoyed and as always I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blorf » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:14 am

What a difference proper color blocking does for the appearance of the thing.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby SamSam » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:15 am

I don't lik it. all diferant colors don't look good. try again
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Aardvark17 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:41 pm

Artasid wrote:PLEASE NOTE!!! in order to better see what parts were used and where they are connected, I have used different colored pieces for this breakdown. I believe the different colors will make the build a lot easier to see than if I used the standard black and dark gray that I originally used.

The different colors are just there to make it easier to see which piece is which. It's not meant to look very good.
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:17 pm

SamSam wrote:I don't lik it. all diferant colors don't look good. try again

It's not supposed to look like a completed build. Like Aardvark stated, the colors are meant to be a visual que to where the parts go. I have done several breakdowns before but some of the time, especially when using dark colored parts, the pieces do not show up very well and there is confusion to where or what the parts are. Using the different colors was to avoid confusion.
You can use whatever colors you what, I was just trying to make it easier for others to tell the differences between which parts were used.

I'm sounding like a broken record... lol :lol:
Hope this clarifies things.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:40 pm

I was experimenting with some connection techniques and I inadvertently discovered the core build for these next Frigates. I will note however that they are Micro sized and most likely will not be used in an actual game, but I like the idea of them and I decided to share. They are mostly for fun if nothing else.

ImageIO Micro Ships
LEFT TO RIGHT
Tan: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Support Range Torpedoes, d6B Defense Flak Tubes, d6G Frigate Engines
Red: d6Rd d6Rd Assault Range Turret, d6B Defense Flak Tubes, d6Y Radar, d6G Frigate Engines
White: d6Rh d6Rh Point Defense Turret, d6K Dual Frame Catapults with Companies, d6G Frigate Engines.

Hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:06 pm

I would argue that those are perfectly big enough to see table!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby HyveMynd » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:22 am

Aww hell. How did I miss this thread? There are so many good ideas in here.
@HyveMynd on Twitter

Philly Expat in Japan | audio editor by day RPG creator by night | Monsterhearts fan | LEGO builder | Netrunner player | she/her
HyveMynd
Talkative

Previous

Return to Intercept Orbit