MMMIG: "Behind Schedule" Edition

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

MMMIG: "Behind Schedule" Edition

Postby phayze81 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:47 pm

Guess what! It's [past] time once again for the Monthly Mecha Making Inspiration Game!

Has everyone had as much trouble finding brick time as I have lately? It's been a rough Spring...

Source

If you're new to this (and you might be, because we've seen quite a surge in new M0F0s lately, it seems), then the idea here is to look long at this image and then build something - anything, really - that it inspires you to build. Easy right?

Hit the source link for a few more interesting variations in the same style!

Previous Threads here:

Have an idea for a future MMMIG? Let me know!
phayze81
Talkative

Re: MMMIG: "Behind Schedule" Edition

Postby YuutaroHiroshio » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:42 pm

I've admittedly been chipping away at trying to get two complete companies myself. I'm close, just short two parts. But since I'd have to wait to grab the parts I need, I gave this a shot, actually like how this came out and could be useable in a company.

Thinking of calling this the Tyranno.
Spoiler: show

Tyranno: d6Rd d6Rd d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra d6Y

The frame next to it is part of the finished company I have atm, and is roughly the size of a chub. Standing at max height it is pretty tall, but might still be able to get away with it in 7p.

Edit: Had to remove two parts to fit it in the 10x10 box, since it was just too big on two of the axis, but otherwise unchanged.
YuutaroHiroshio
Newcomer

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:05 pm

Nice first entry to the challenge!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby phayze81 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:41 pm

Very nice, indeed!

We're halfway through June, folks - there's still plenty of time to play along!
phayze81
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:35 am

I would first like to commend phayze81 for putting together these themed builds every month. It seems like every month I think " alright yeah, I'm going to put one together, I'm gonna support my buds " and then the end of the month comes and goes so fast. So I wanted to submit something this month before it's over.

I built a company of these already, but was waiting to put together a backstory and such, but just have not had the time, grrrr. When I started making this build, I was originally designing it after the Lockon frame, since it was my first time using ball and socket joints. But I got sidetracked also trying to make a Twank frame variation. I thought why not combine the two, and here we are, I call it the Twonk. So I submit this because I was inspired by two great builders PB and VitorFaria. Thanks guys for all your awesome work. :D

I've come to find that this build fits mostly with the middle one in this months picture. I know that it's a little backwards in how to do the monthly challenge, but I still wanted to contribute.

image.jpeg

More of this to come later down the road
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby PJ_Nichts » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:34 pm

ImageCannon Walker: Monthly Mecha June 2018 by PJ Nichts, on Flickr

Made a quick little guy for this month. If you couldn't tell, I was heavily inspired by the mech on the far right.
PJ_Nichts
Newcomer

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:14 am

That quick little mech is quick little super awesome! Great build :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby phayze81 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:36 pm

Totally agree with Kungfuji! Awesome legs (as I said on Flickr), and great interpretation of the source. ^^
phayze81
Talkative

Postby phayze81 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:52 am

Crap! My dumb phone was running slowly, and I totally missed Kungfuji's adorable little addition to the thread! : Facepalm:

Backwards? Not at all! That kind of creative process is EXACTLY what these threads are made to encourage, and the result is great!
phayze81
Talkative

Return to Frame Designs