Traveler Class Light Frame

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Traveler Class Light Frame

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat May 05, 2018 11:09 pm

Wow! First of all darksyntax, great job! Looks amazing and I'm sure as VitorFaria feels, it is a tremendous compliment and homage to both his design and Vincent's 5gen. Very nice work :)

To VitorFaria: yeah just amazing in all its simplicity and beauty. This entire Pale Coyote Team is gorgeous. Love it! Keep em coming! :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Mon May 07, 2018 7:18 pm

Thanks again, KungFuji!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby darksyntax » Fri May 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Still distracted by the Traveler class light frame and the solid combination of budget and good looks, I looked at increasing the budget-focus by replacing the taps and claws. (Without taps (T’s), Traveler became ‘Raveler. :)). The 'Raveler relies on a lot of 1x1 round plate single stud connections so it's a little fiddly, but all my experimenting yielded a LOT of variations on how to build a 'Raveler so pretty much anyone with a reasonable amount of Lego should be able to build some frames and play MFZ.

This LDD file contains a base 'Raveler, all the core frame variations, and LOTS of options for bulking it out.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Sat May 12, 2018 12:20 pm

That's beyond amazing, darksyntax! Gotta love your signature C6-esque joints!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Aardvark17 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:25 pm

These are super neat! And also, I love that LDD file you included. It's super cool, I'll have to spend some time to mess around with it. Very nice!
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby HyveMynd » Sun May 13, 2018 9:44 pm

Girl howdy am I glad I wandered back to the Hangar (though it took me a few tries to remember my password), because those Traveler/Raveler frames are hutching fantastic.

I have no idea when I'll be able to bust out my LEGO again (toddlers have an annoying habit of getting into everything) but when I do I'm going to try and brick-up a company of those awesome frames.
@HyveMynd on Twitter

Philly Expat in Japan | audio editor by day RPG creator by night | Monsterhearts fan | LEGO builder | Netrunner player | she/her
HyveMynd
Talkative

Postby darksyntax » Mon May 14, 2018 11:50 am

VitorFaria wrote:That's beyond amazing, darksyntax! Gotta love your signature C6-esque joints!

Thanks, all! My time with the C6 limitation really helped my building skills when it comes to Lego-maths and implied articulation via spacing and color.
Aardvark17 wrote:These are super neat! And also, I love that LDD file you included. It's super cool, I'll have to spend some time to mess around with it. Very nice!

Thanks! Most welcome for the LDD file; if it enables someone build frames and play, my job is done.
HyveMynd wrote:...those Traveler/Raveler frames are hutching fantastic. ...I'm going to try and brick-up a company...

Thanks! Credit has to go to Vitor for initiating this; I rarely have the initial inspiration, but I love tweaking and mod'ing other's designs. Can't wait to see what you build. Take a look at the LDD file; tons of options.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Mon May 14, 2018 2:13 pm

I really like the gun the middle one is carrying.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Sun May 20, 2018 10:00 am

Ok, so the TCLF is a simple genius frame. Now darksyntax, makes a version of it that meets the TTT challenge, the Raveler, and it's so ridiculously amazing. That's some great work on an already great piece of work. Absolutely love it! :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Previous

Return to Frame Designs