Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Artasid » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:03 am

The Murloc Amphibious Frame (M.A.F.) was designed as a water/land labor frame. It's self-contained environmental systems kept the operator comfortable while submerged in deep water. These frames were used for underwater construction as well as deep water excavations and salvage. Because of their dual habitat operations, as well as their appearance, they have been named after a similar creature that appears in a popular video game. However, with tensions rising between the Solar Union, The Free Colonists, as well as the Ijad, some of these M.A.F.s have been commandeered and converted as combat units, often given special missions that allow them to use waterways to infiltrate enemy locations.

ImageMurloc Amphibious Frame
M.A.F.: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Rifle, d6B d6B Hardened Carapace, d6Y Sonar Array

The initial idea for this build came from M1NDxBEND3R's Bulldog Battlesuit MOC YouTube Link I did, however, have to use a lot of customization for the interior which seems a bit advanced compared to my normal builds. I'm afraid to try to make an LDD file because of some of the interior connections are a bit 'wonky' and may be seen as illegal, but I will try and if successful, I will post one.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.

EDIT: Holy Mother Poop! I am thoroughly surprised that the Lego Digital Designer would allow me to recreate this build with a few minor exceptions, primarily how the sonar array is connected to the body. LDD still does not have the rounded 2x1 plates yet so I had to make a few changes.
LDD Murloc Amphibious Frame LDD
Last edited by Artasid on Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Trokodile » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:20 am

Artasid wrote:The Murloc Amphibious Frame (M.A.F.) was designed as a water/land labor frame. It's self-contained environmental systems kept the operator comfortable while submerged in deep water. These frames were used for underwater construction as well as deep water excavations and salvage. Because of their dual habitat operations, as well as their appearance, they have been named after a similar creature that appears in a popular video game. However, with tensions rising between the Solar Unit, The Free Colonists, as well as the Ijad, some of these M.A.F.s have been commandeered and converted as combat units, often given special missions that allow them to use waterways to infiltrate enemy locations.

ImageMurloc Amphibious Frame
M.A.F.: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Rifle, d6B d6B Hardened Carapace, d6Y Sonar Array

The initial idea for this build came from M1NDxBEND3R's Bulldog Battlesuit MOC YouTube Link I did, however, have to use a lot of customization for the interior which seems a bit advanced compared to my normal builds. I'm afraid to try to make an LDD file because of some of the interior connections are a bit 'wonky' and may be seen as illegal, but I will try and if successful, I will post one.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.

EDIT: Holy Mother Poop! I am thoroughly surprised that the Lego Digital Designer would allow me to recreate this build with a few minor exceptions, primarily how the sonar array is connected to the body. LDD still does not have the rounded 2x1 plates yet so I had to make a few changes.
LDD Murloc Amphibious Frame LDD

Nice Murloc frame! THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME!
my FULL gallery

The time for change has come. With your help, our wave shall become a great flood, wiping away all who oppose us. - Waves of Change

"Press #E0ECEE for stealth mode!"
Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby ChronosVulcan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:53 am

Artasid wrote:
SamSam wrote:I wanna baby jerboa. giveme giveme nows pleaze

Sorry. if you want one, you may have to build your own. lol :lol:

ChronosVulcan wrote:I like the baby scorpion. The others look great too. Is the Tan Schultze a catapult or just random lrm boat?

I got the baby Scorpion idea from your Scorpion build. I remember you posting a statement that you tried to make a smaller one but it didn't look right, so I decided to try and make one.
As for the Schultze, it is not a Catapult. The Schultze is an actual mech from the game War Robots. It generally has a sniper rifle on the top, but I customized it to provide long range artillery support.

However, if you are interested in BattleTech/MechWarrior builds, I do have a few albums that have most of the battlemech's I've bricked over the years

Album 1
Album 2 WiP

Feel free to take a look and get ideas and inspiration from them.
Thank you for the link to your battletech designs. I will look through it for more inspiration with my green battletech unit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
ChronosVulcan
Newcomer

Postby SamSam » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:14 pm

now make sharktikom from transfermers movie
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:35 pm

HEY EVERYONE!
Wanna have more fun than a barrel of monkeys?
How about fun with a frame MADE from several barrels of monkeys? (without the monkeys)

ImageBarrel Tablescrap
Barrel: d6Rh d6Rh Chainblade, d6Rd d6Rd Pistol, d6G Motivational Banner

This tablescrap of a frame can be constructed from rain barrels, wine barrels, or any other kind of barrel you can think of. All you need is some farm equipment, a few barrels and you can create your own frame of fun! GREAT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
Even Grandma can kick some serious butt when behind the controls. So don't delay!
ORDER YOUR KIT NOW!

Warning: Use of frames for combat or non-recreation is extremely dangerous and is not covered by most insurances. Use at own risk. Children should not attempt to pilot or control frames of any kind without proper supervision. Read all safety protocols and handle with extreme caution. Do not operate if on certain medications. Owner is liable for any disregards of these warnings.

Sorry for the sale pitching theme here, but I felt like being a little silly. Hopefully you got a chuckle or two out of it.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:43 am

but I want monkys
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby Blorf » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:23 am

Nah, the sale theme and frame constructed from castoff garbage is actually kind of a trope around here.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:13 pm

Taking a momentary step back into BattleTech/MechWarrior, this time to build the often overlooked anti-infantry mech, the Vulcan!
ImageBT Vulcan
Vulcan: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Flamer & Machine Gun, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Autocannon & Medium Laser

Not much else to say other than I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:57 pm

you forgot lld instructs.
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:20 pm

SamSam wrote:you forgot lld instructs.

Sorry, I've been preoccupied with some personal stuff.
Here you go
LDD BT Vulcan LDD
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:22 pm

thankx and I hope thing gets better for you
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:26 am

This next random is based off a creature type from Magic The Gathering TCG, called the Myr. An artifact creature meant for spying and mana production. Singularly not a threat, but can be devastating if swarmed together.

ImageMyr
Myr Frame: d6Rh d6Rh EMP Stun Staff, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

I suspect this frame would be meant for infiltration and spying, and not very strong in terms of combat, but equipped with HtH systems should it need to defend itself. I'm still tweeking this, but I liked it enough to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Aardvark17 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:38 pm

Great pose on this one Artasid!
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:58 am

Thanks Aardvark17, It has about the same articulation as a standard Chub, but I was lucky to get a decent pic of it. The fact that the head can look left and right is the secret to this particular pose, lol

I made these next ones strictly out of curiosity. A while back, I bricked a company of C6 Scrapyard Hi-Legs (Original design by soriansj Here's the Thread Link). While sticking to the same parts, I attempted to create a new C6 Challenge frame, and this is the result

ImageRandom C6 Challenge Frames
No Systems.

PARTS USED:
6x Rooftop Slopes, Light Gray
22x 2x1 Plates, Light Gray
8x 1x1 Plates, Light Gray
6x Lampholders, Black
Total parts per frame 42 (210 pieces total for company)

I have not yet made systems for them yet, but I'm still working on it.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Omniscient Frog » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:22 pm

Any chance we could get a breakdown/instructions for that Myr frame?
"There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope. We give them a turn and they make new and curious combinations."
- Mark Twain
Omniscient Frog
Chatty

Postby Artasid » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:32 pm

Omniscient Frog wrote:Any chance we could get a breakdown/instructions for that Myr frame?

No
maybe
Ok you talked me into it. lol :lol:

LDD Myr Frame

It's kinda hard to tell from the pic, but is uses a torso build similar to my recent Hunchback, Commando, and Ostscout builds. In fact you could almost use a Standard Chubs torso build for this, but feel free to use whatever you like.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:12 am

A very long time ago (Not in a Galaxy far, far away mind you) I had an idea for a civilization (or society, or populace, whatever term you want to use) for MFZ that on a distant planet very recently colonized by humans, they discovered debris from an ancient alien race practically littered and buried across the planet. The debris was what remained of an interspecies war that happened millions of years prior, however the human inhabitants of the planet declared the relics as gifts from some deity and harvested as much of the material they could to build their homes, their technology, their ships and even their frames. I called them the Unified Travis Alliance (UTA). Their gimmick was that everything they constructed (Frames, vehicles, stations ect) had to be 90% made out of Travis Bricks.
This idea didn't go too well as Travis bricks are really expensive, hard to come by and a practical staple for most MFZ builds. I did manage a few decent builds, but again, not a very popular idea.
The reason I bring this up is because out of sheer boredom, I fiddled with the idea of a Travis Brick build challenge to myself to build more frames that have an all Travis brick central core with a few other pieces for details (Armor, cockpits, weapons ect) These are the results.

ImageTravis Build Purple
TBP: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual SRMs, d6Y Full-View Canopy

ImageTravis Build Red
TBR: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Lasers, d6Y Full-View Canopy, d6G Jump Jets

ImageTravis Build Yellow
TBY: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Heavy Laser Cannons, d6B d6B Deflection Plates

And just for kicks:
ImageTravis Build Dino
Travis Dino: No Systems.

Again, not a popular idea, but it helps with boredom. I'm almost tempted to issue a Travis Build challenge, however, I feel that not many out there have a significate amount of Travis Bricks on hand (Though I wouldn't oppose a LDD or Stud.io rendering submission of your creations). I doubt anyone would be interested though.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Last edited by Artasid on Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Trokodile » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:19 am

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Anyways, I'm going to try making a Travis-Brick-Core frame in real life, but as I only have about twenty, a stud.io render is more likely.
my FULL gallery

The time for change has come. With your help, our wave shall become a great flood, wiping away all who oppose us. - Waves of Change

"Press #E0ECEE for stealth mode!"
Trokodile
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:42 pm

I wasn't serious about issuing the Travis Challenge Trokodile, but if you're interested then by all means have a go at it. I am eager to see what you create.

I built this next one mainly because I had been doing some research into another table-top war game called Warhammer 40000 aka Warhammer 40k. Though I have never played the game, and most likely won't because of how expensive the pieces are, it doesn't prevent me from looking up a few of the playing pieces. This one is based of the Tau Empires, XV8 Battlesuit

ImageTau Battlesuit
Tau Battlesuit: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Burst Cannon & Missile Pod, d6Y Positional Relay, d6Y Scout Drone

I have to give Special Thanks to VitorFaria because the main body of this build was inspired by his Lockon frame (With some variations.)
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Arctic Banana » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:32 pm

As a long-time Tau player in 40K, I can say that that's a pretty darn good representation of an XV8 Crisis suit.
If playing Dungeons & Dragons has taught me one thing, it's that you should probably not trust someone who introduces themselves with the phrase "GREETINGS FELLOW MORTALS IT IS I."
Arctic Banana
Chatty

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs