Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Artasid » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:39 am

I have bricked 2 new randoms frames. I don't have much of a backstory for these ones. Sorry

ImageSkrober
Skrober: d6Rh d6Rh Anti-Frame Claw, d6Rd d6Rd Grenade Launcher

ImageRanged Weapon Frame
RWF: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Mortars, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Wrist Blasters

Hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you may wish to share, including but not limited to: Questions, insults, suggestions, threats, praise, criticisms, you get the idea lol
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:19 pm

Loving those systems, Artasid!

That claw arm is boss, and so is the Megaman-style cannon!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:30 pm

The original Kibosh Frame suit:
ImageKibosh Rendering
Has seen some mediocre success, mostly with it's cheap construction and easy accessible parts. However, the Kibosh has also shown a potential weakness in it's construction that it lacks in defensive armor needed for its operators. Kiboshis have use their small stature and wide range of motion to their advantages, however, there are many who deem it necessary to 'beef-up' the Kibosh's lacking armor. Two Mark 2 prototypes have been constructed to address this issue.
ImageKibosh MK2s
GREEN: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Rifle, d6B Arm Shield, d6B Supply Crate (With repair kits inside)
YELLOW: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Flails, d6Y Antenna, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
Though these MK2's use slightly more costly parts and require a slightly more amount of time to produce, critics have seen possible potential in these more armored versions and expect to see operator survival rates increase.
ImageKibosh and MK2 size comparison

Hope you enjoyed and as always I eagerly await any and all comments you may wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:42 am

I was rewatching some of my old anime recently and I stumbled upon a spacesuit design that inspired this next random frame. I don't have a name for it so for the time being it is called Random Fatone

ImageRandom Fatone
Fatone: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Rifle, d6B Anti-Projectile Tube, d6Y Floodlight, d6G Rear Thrusters

Hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Gotta love a good chunky humanoid, nice work!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:11 am

Kafer is the German word for 'Beetle'. This next pair of Ijad frames have been named Kafer because of their beetle like appearance

ImageKafers
WHITE: d6Rh d6Rh Deployable Spikes, d6Rd d6Rd Pulse Cannon, d6G Mobile Endurance Pod
RED: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Long Range Missiles, d6B Deflection Plates, d6G Aerowings

Hope you enjoyed and I am always awaiting any and all comments you may wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:44 pm

Gotta love the "skirts" on the red one!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:36 am

Rodosha (Japanese word for Laborer)

ImageRodosha
Rodosha: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Arm Cannons, d6Y Searchlight, d6G Rear Jump Pack

ImageRodosha with Chub in Hanger 02
Size Comparison
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SamSam » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:58 am

I like Robosha. Question though, you not give a lot of fluff or explaining like you normal do. Why is that?
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:29 pm

SamSam wrote:I like Robosha. Question though, you not give a lot of fluff or explaining like you normal do. Why is that?

Sorry about that, I was actually quite upset at the time I posted it and I was not in the right set of mind to post anything positive, but I've had a day or two to relax and I'm better now.
As for the Rodosha, it was pasrtially inspired by Alexial's recent skeletal frames he posted recently. Using parts like Star Wars Battledroid arms and robo arms to make the overall core. I happen to notice I had a bunch of those Space Pistol parts and since I have used them for body parts before, ie the Bynoks
ImageBynoks, I wanted to try using them again. It took a bit of tinkering, but I think I managed to get an interesting look out of it.

Anyway, I apologize for not posting this with the pictures. I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:12 am

A long while ago, I made some Jenners from the BattleTech/MechWarrior series:
ImageJenner Trio

I've shared them with some of my gaming buddies and they seemed rather impressed. One of my friends (Who also plays MWO) tried to recreate the Yellow Jenner I had here, but he lacked the T-Pieces or enough of the Padlock Bar parts to do so. He has recently asked me to make some more 'Parts Friendly' variants of the Jenner. I managed 2 so far:

ImageB.T. Jenners Alt Builds
Jenners: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Medium Lasers and SRM, d6G Jump Jets

I particularly like the grey one with the Mixel Joints, however, it is slightly different than the original Jenner in that the Arm weapon pods are not connected to the 'Hips' of the mech. The red one was an attempt to correct the design flaw with using a Technic 1x1 Brick and sandwiching it between 2 Headlight bricks. Both use more commonly found parts and not a single T-Piece, Travis, Tap or Padlock piece.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SamSam » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:39 pm

Like u said, gray noy exact but I like it too. Also seem eaiset to build. Can you still show breakdown of gray one?
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:18 pm

After posting my recent Jenners, I realized that the tried and true Jenner loadout is getting rather boreing. So to temporarily spice things up a bit, I built another Mixel Joint Jenner with a Heavy Support loadout. I know it's not canon to the BattleTech/MechWarrior universe, but customization IS part of the MFZ:RA universe (so there, :P lol)

ImageJenner Heavy Support
H.S. Jenner: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRM's, d6B d6B Extensive Extra Armor Plating.

SamSam wrote:Like u said, gray noy exact but I like it too. Also seem eaiset to build. Can you still show breakdown of gray one?

Per your request SamSam, here's an LDD file for anyone interested. It includes the first 2 I posted as well as the most recent Heavy Support Variant.

Jenner Alternate Builds LDD

Hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:32 pm

I particularly like the grey one with the Mixel Joints, however, it is slightly different than the original Jenner in that the Arm weapon pods are not connected to the 'Hips' of the mech.

The Alex Iglesias redesign for MWO is like that (since all mechs must be able to torso twist) and it's my favorite version of the mech!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:36 pm

VitorFaria wrote:The Alex Iglesias redesign for MWO is like that (since all mechs must be able to torso twist) and it's my favorite version of the mech!

I noticed that too, but even the MWO version has a lower torso, which these builds lack. I'll have to work that in somehow.

Here are 3 more Mixel Joint Jenners. Because this design is simple and cheap, the only issue I'm currently having with them is getting the right colored parts. I did recently put in a bricklink order so hopefully I will have a complete coherent Jenner Company. I'll post it once they're ready.

ImageMore M.J. Jenners
RED: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Armor Shred Claws, d6Y Searchlights, d6G Jump Jets, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
PURPLE: d6Y d6Y Dual Sensor Domes, d6G Jump Jets, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
WHITE: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual ER PPC's, d6B Extra Armor Plates, d6Y Radar Dish.

Hope you all enjoy, and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SamSam » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:09 am

Purple Jener is best. But I like madcats more. Thank yo for LLD file,
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:32 am

A very long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

Oops. Wrong opening. Let me try that again.

A long long time ago, I once built some unique frames. I called them Brain Frames because the placement of the small dish pieces that made up the majority of their build made the frame look like a giant brain, or something you might find from the Metroid games (Which was the actual inspiration of the build):

ImageBrain Frames

The biggest issue I had with these is that some of the dish pieces had no connections and were just floating parts wedged between others. Needless to say, trying to reconstruct these was a pain in the dairy-air, so I tried to improve upon it. And I think I may have found something that works. I now introduce you the M.P.T. Frame! (Multi Plated Tank)
ImageM.P.T.
M.P.T. d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Swarmer Missile Pods, d6B Multi Plated Armor, d6Y Targeting Scope.

This one does not suffer from the floating dish parts the previous brain bots had and I am quite proud of it, though I wish black was a lot easier to take pics with. It even has an added feature that some of the plates can open up to see the inside without taking apart the build. Nothing too fancy, but still nice.
ImageM.P.T. Side opened
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and as always I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:41 am

I had posted one of these in another thread, but it was more of a prop than a proper introduction to the frame. Here, I hope to amend that.

The StahlKorper (German for Steel Body), though somewhat strange in appearance, is an actual well versatile frame. It was originally designed for light labor workings, however, it's limbs were too weak for the Labor Force's standards. The plans for the StahlKorper were about to become scrapped when an old veteran noticed that though the frame did not seem functional for labor work, it could fit in well as a light scout and skirmisher unit. The old vet approached the designers and using his connections with the local Solar Union branch, the Stahlkorper was slightly redesigned for combat use. During testing, it was also conceived that the StahlKorper's light design could make it ideal for Public Safety Fast Response units. Though the frame had limitations, it's potential seemed to outweigh its flaws.

ImageStahlKorper Frames
GREY SOLDIER: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Pistol, d6B Arm Shield, d6Y Searchlight, d6G Jump Pod
FIRE RESCUE: d6Rh d6Rh Rescue Axe, d6Rd d6Rd Hydropump Water Cannon, d6Y Lightbar Siren, d6G Wheeled Feet

I hope you enjoyed and as always I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SamSam » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Artasd you make blue white cop Stalhkomper. Do now
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:28 pm

SamSam wrote:Artasd you make blue white cop Stalhkomper. Do now

Sorry SamSam, but I do not have the right parts in blue or white at the moment. But I will try to come up with something for you soon.

The STI-04 Impala is a standard humanoid frame that seems to have much potential in combat roles.
ImageSTI-04 Impala frame
So named the Impala because someone had commented how much the torso and upper body have a hood like shaping to it, (complete with headlights when looking at the circular chest access ports). Though the name was meant as a joke, it stuck, but the frame is anything but humorous as its multiple hardpoints can easily modify it for combat in a variety of roles.
ImageSTI-04 Impala Armed
STI-04 Impala: d6Rh d6Rh Combat Knife, d6Ra d6Ra Artillery Cannon, d6B Riot Shield

Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs