Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:55 am

Artasid wrote:The IrN-Stout is a bit of an oddity in frame designs. Though it has quad legs, they are mostly used for stability rather than mobility. Designers of this frame were attempting to achieve a frame that would fill the role of garrison duties as well as provide semi stationary defenses. Because of the weight allowance of the legs, the IrN-Stout has been known to carry heavier weapon systems, however, the model shown here has been the most common loadout, mostly used as a last line of defense against attacking units. Affectionately, pilots of this frame, among many others, have nicknamed this frame "The Iron Skirt" because of it's armored leg design.

ImageIrN-Stout
Stout: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Machine Gun Arrays, d6Y Targeting Scope, d6B Armored Legs

Hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.

I think this one is really neat.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:31 am

Neat design, I like how you made a quad mech hybrid that is not solely Ijad. Love the story to go along with it. For me that added touch of a little backstory adds an extra dimension and depth to a design. Needless to say since you usually feature some sort of a backstory, your designs are full of depth :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:09 pm

Mantisking wrote: I think this one is really neat.

KungFujiApple wrote:Neat design...

Thanks you two, though I myself am on the fence about the design.

KungFujiApple wrote:...I like how you made a quad mech hybrid that is not solely Ijad...

You may or may not have seen it, but I actually did one a long while back for my Blood Comm Irregulars Mercenary Company:
ImageBCI Rola "The Vamp" Warshaw
Here's the thread link (Commissar Company Blood Comm Irregulars)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:51 pm

The Ijad have a new insect based frame called the Turret Beetle. So named because it's abdomen can rotate 360 degrees. It functions as a light tank within the Ijadhi forces

ImageTurret Beetles
LEFT TO RIGHT
1: d6B d6B Several Armored Shell Layers, d6G Quad Mobility, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
2: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Several Rows of Armor Piercing Spines, d6G Quad Mobility, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
3: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Long Range Swarmers, d6Y Radar, d6G Quad Mobility
4: d6Rd d6Rd Blast Turret, d6B Armor Plate, d6Y Radar, d6G Quad Mobility

Hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:50 am

This next random frame is Totally Messed Up! I was trying to go for something unique and different but I'm not sure how I came up with this

ImageTMU-Chimera Hybrid in Hanger 02

After I took this pic, I noticed that the box might be obscuring some of the details, so here it is again outside the box
ImageTMU-Chimera Hybrid
Chimera Hybrid: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Blast Cannons, d6Y Radar.

The back turret was taken from the Turret Beetle design, but the legs, location of the head and overall shape was something new. It's strange, but I feel it's a GOOD kind of strange, however I would love to hear your opinions on it.
I hope you enjoyed and as always I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:38 pm

First off the Turret Beetles are really nice!
That Chimera Hybrid is pretty interesting. I agree, it's a good kind of strange. I think it's pretty rad.
I also wanted to point out that it's bigger than your usual randoms, which isn't a bad thing, as it helps it feel different and unique.
Good stuff!
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:44 am

Whoa! ... Where to begin... How about with amazing! First, thank you for referencing your Blood Comm Company. I don't remember seeing it (although im sure I must have) and it is a fantastic company.

Next those Turrent Beetles are so cool, ridiculously cool, you have got to eventually make more of them.

Next the Chimera Hybrid is an amazing design, I love the hip and leg combo, and the color scheme that it has is stellar.

Now the show stopper, Hangar 02, Terrific, looks great, love it love it love it! Fantastic color, design with style and simplicity. Really awesome job on all of this :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:34 am

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've been steering away from the micro size builds because though I like the cute chibiness, lately I feel that I've been limiting myself and I want to avoid that.
With the new Jurassic World movie coming out in theaters soon (in my area anyway) there has been a sudden increase in dinosaur merchandise in various stores. This next random was based off a very old robot dinosaur toy I used to have when I was much younger. It looks a bit unfinished, but I like how it turned out.

ImageDemon Lizard
Lizard: d6Ra d6Ra Howitzer

This next random has some Chub influence but at the same time, it was also partly inspired by aliens from another movie that I recently saw called "Battle: Los Angeles". Though you only see the attacking aliens rather briefly, you can definitely see their Chub shaped heads and skeletal body shape.

ImageST-2642 Protus
Protus: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Pistol, d6B Arm Shield, d6Y Comm Relay

I hope you enjoyed and as always I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:11 am

I don't know if you had this, but as a kid I had Dinoriders and Sectaurs, and I loved them. The Demon Lizard for some reason kind of reminded me of those old toys. It's a really head build. I love the independently moving legs and head, and the gun is pretty sweet too. :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:08 am

If any of you have played as a Warlock on World of Warcraft, this next random might look familiar. It was inspired by the Voidwalker pet that Warlocks can summon. It was more of a test to see how well I can get it to look like the source material, and though it's not perfect, I like it

ImageThe Void
Void: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Grappler Hands, d6G Anti-Grav mobility, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blorf » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:32 am

Never played it, but this has a really district shake that you don't see in frames very often. Nicely done.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Agreed, interesting concept!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:36 am

You pulled off the hunched look really well. It does indeed resemble a Voidwalker. The arms and shoulders are really awesome. And of course, love the color :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:03 pm

Blorf wrote:Never played it, but this has a really district shake that you don't see in frames very often. Nicely done.

VitorFaria wrote:Agreed, interesting concept!

KungFujiApple wrote:You pulled off the hunched look really well. It does indeed resemble a Voidwalker. The arms and shoulders are really awesome. And of course, love the color :)

Thanks guys, there is a sever lack of, wanna say legless(?), frames and I liked the idea of a void creature used as a frame idea. Just FYI, I am an avid WoW player if anyone is interested.

Been hitting a wall with frame builds lately, so I took a few shots at building IO vessels instead. I'm happy with most of them.
But as I was searching for new IO ideas, I came across Joseph Simmons A1-PWR Loader build that he uses for as a Frame Ace.
ImageAce Mini Mobile Frame named A1-PWR aka The Loader for the Lego tabletop strategy game MFZ: IO. by Joseph Simmons, on Flickr
Its adorable chibiness screamed at me to try to build it myself. I used the main core build but modified the legs and arms a bit to create a 3-man company: The GoldBloods
ImageCompany Goldbloods
LEFT TO RIGHT
1: d6Rd d6Rd Hand Cannon, d6B Arm Shield, d6Y d6Y Dual Searchlights
2: d6Rd d6Rd Hand Cannon, d6B Arm Shield, d6Y Searchlight, d6G Foot Stabilizers
3: d6Rh d6Rh Armored Knuckles, d6Rd d6Rd Hand Cannon, d6G Shoulder Thursters

ImageGoldbloods sizing
They are not quite standard chub size, but I think they'll work out well with my group of Micro builds.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:32 pm

This build reminds me of the Jannissary Drone.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:52 pm

My newest random is from BattleTech/MechWarrior (again... :roll: ) This was a spontaneous build but like all the builds i'm happy with, I share them

ImageMasakari Warhawk
Masakari (Warhawk): d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra ER PPC's & LRMs, d6B Heavy Armor, d6Y Targeting Computer.

Hope you enjoyed and as always I eagerly await any and all comments you may wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:01 am

I like it :) . Definitely has a battleMech feel to it. Are those legs freestanding on their own?
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:40 pm

KungFujiApple wrote:I like it :) . Definitely has a battleMech feel to it. Are those legs freestanding on their own?

Well, considering that it's from BattleTech, I would hope it has a battlemech feel to it. lolololol

As for your question: Are those legs freestanding on their own?
The wording of this question has confused me a bit. If you mean to ask if the legs are able to keep the frame standing without assistance, then yes.

ImageMasakari Warhawk legs
ImageMasakari Warhawk legs back

I had one of the arms removed for better viewing, but as you can see, the legs were bricked in a way to allow the frame to stand without any issues. It does have limited articulation, but I works out well in my opinion. I hope this helps clarify things.
A bit of trivia about this build, I originally was trying to brick a chicken legged Chub, but somehow it didn't seem to go as I was hoping and after a few piece swaps and experimenting, I noticed how much like a Masakari (Warhawk) it began to look so I continued on in such fashion, hence the reason it has a Chub shoulder/arm connection.
I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:29 pm

That's a beautiful and recognizable Warhawk, Artasid!

Gotta love how you made the "hat"!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:41 pm

Love the breakdown! Really gets a chance to show the intricacy of the design. I was referring to if those legs could stand without assistance. And they do, wow, that is one awesome design. Great work! :)

I also love the trivia with how you made this design.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs