Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:55 am

Artasid wrote:The IrN-Stout is a bit of an oddity in frame designs. Though it has quad legs, they are mostly used for stability rather than mobility. Designers of this frame were attempting to achieve a frame that would fill the role of garrison duties as well as provide semi stationary defenses. Because of the weight allowance of the legs, the IrN-Stout has been known to carry heavier weapon systems, however, the model shown here has been the most common loadout, mostly used as a last line of defense against attacking units. Affectionately, pilots of this frame, among many others, have nicknamed this frame "The Iron Skirt" because of it's armored leg design.

ImageIrN-Stout
Stout: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Machine Gun Arrays, d6Y Targeting Scope, d6B Armored Legs

Hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.

I think this one is really neat.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:31 am

Neat design, I like how you made a quad mech hybrid that is not solely Ijad. Love the story to go along with it. For me that added touch of a little backstory adds an extra dimension and depth to a design. Needless to say since you usually feature some sort of a backstory, your designs are full of depth :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:09 pm

Mantisking wrote: I think this one is really neat.

KungFujiApple wrote:Neat design...

Thanks you two, though I myself am on the fence about the design.

KungFujiApple wrote:...I like how you made a quad mech hybrid that is not solely Ijad...

You may or may not have seen it, but I actually did one a long while back for my Blood Comm Irregulars Mercenary Company:
ImageBCI Rola "The Vamp" Warshaw
Here's the thread link (Commissar Company Blood Comm Irregulars)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Previous

Return to Frame Designs