Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Artasid » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:10 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Woah, such an amazingly shaped torso, excellent work, Artasid!

Thank you VitorFaria. I was trying my hardest to get it as close as I could to the original and I think this works.

KungFujiApple wrote:Well what a ride it has been! You made some really great stuff from a really cool and fitting theme. And from a cool person at that ;)

Thanks man 8-)

SamSam wrote:Yu are Not Done with m ech robots! next do madcat. or Awesum, or Axemen. Yes, do Axemen next!

I do have other projects I would like to work on, but since you asked so nicely.

ImageB.T. Axman
Axman: d6Rh d6Rh Battleaxe, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Laser and Autocannon.

I would like to work on other builds that I am currently focused on so this will be my ABSOLUTE LAST Battletech/MechWarrior based frame for the next month or two. We'll see where I go from here.

Hope you enjoyed
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Having that recessed and angled head with the cannon right next to it is certainly no easy to do at this scale, nice work!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:54 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Having that recessed and angled head with the cannon right next to it is certainly no easy to do at this scale, nice work!

Thanks VitorFaria. The head was actually rather simple. The hardest part was how to build the torso around it lol :lol: I'm a bit disappointed in the axe, but it seemed fitting enough.

For my newest randoms, I went back to a familiar frame, the Scrambler, but this time, I tried to make them Chibi size
They so cute...
ImageChibi Scramblers
LEFT: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Artillery Cannons, d6Y Antenna
CENTER: d6Rd d6Rd Stinger Laser, d6B Chaff Countermeasure, d6Y Antenna, d6G Foot Stabilizers
RIGHT: d6B d6B Dual Chaff Countermeasures, d6G Foot Stabilizers, d6G Terrain Climbing Grabbling Hook, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

I know the colors are a bit different, but I was going for a rather unique look. I hope you enjoyed.
As always, I eagerly await any and all comments, questions, suggestions and opinions you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:51 pm

I think the colors are fantastic, and I really like the looks of those upper system pods
Check out my Flickr if you want
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:21 am

That BT Axeman is so cool. Really liking the shoulders, legs and fee, and that head looks amazing!
The Chibi Scramblers do indeed look really cute, nice job :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:29 am

The Chibi Scramblers are one of my newer favorites. If I had the parts I would definitely make a full company, but alas, their legs are built using the new minifigure gun part that is rather hard to find now unless I can find more of the Ninjago Snow Tank polybags but they have been rather rare in my area. Ho-hum

Here's my newest pair of randoms. Enjoy

Riggers are often a construction zones dream frame. Equipped with a lifter crane arm and a back mounted cargo bed, it is a rather useful machine when heavy construction is in order. However, because they are common loader frames, ease of maintenance and their bulky, sturdy build, they have also become the targets of Free Colonists Hijacking. Several Riggers have been stolen from their work place, only to reappear some days later with jerry-rigged weaponry to destroy the work site. Officials have called these Free Colonists saboteurs as terrorists and a high alert for their capture has been issued.

ImageRiggers
YELLOW: d6Rh d6Rh Lifter Crane, d6B Cargo Bed, d6Y Construction Lights
RED: d6Rd d6Rd Belt-fed Chain gun, d6B Arm Shield.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:47 pm

I know you used those gatlings before, but they go especially well with that body, the angular shield also complements it all very well!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Raedien » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:48 pm

Nice Puma and Bushwhacker!

I still think my Hellhound is the best thing I've built so it was super cool seeing more Battletech builds!
Raedien
Chatty

Postby SamSam » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:13 am

Axmen is bst robot! now make angry kitty. furios felyn madcat
SamSam
Chatty

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:51 am

For a "random" these Riggers have a ton of character. The design is amazing, I mean really amazing! They are very smooth and have a "complete" look to them. And look very realistic.

The Yellow: So awesome. From the crane, to the lights, to the tough/sturdy looking design, even the cargo bed in the back, is a real masterpiece of work.

The Red: A tough looking frame that says "you don't want to mess with me". That belt fed chain gun is so stinkin cool. The arm shield just completes that "don't mess with me" look.

To me when it come to a tough sturdy looking frame these are on par with the Alexander, another amazing frame. Such an awesome job. Love these ones, and there is even a little backstory too! Fantastic! :D

Oh and the color schemes are awesome too :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Thanks all. I wasn't sure how well the Riggers would be received but I like to share anyway.

I decided to go a bit basic with these next randoms. They are essentially Ijad frames based off generic insects. I have no real name for them yet. Because they are small, and can most likely only carry 2 systems each, they'll probably be used in pairs (2 units to equal 1 frame).

ImageIjad insects
LEFT: d6Rd d6Rd Blaster, d6Y Antenna
RIGHT: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Sniper Cannons

Hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:55 pm

Those feet look really good! And by the white taps, grill slopes (or you can call them cheese graters, lol), and lightsaber hilts I'm guessing you picked up a few Ice Tank polys? :)
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:24 am

These are so awesome. Simple, great design, good color corrdination. Love these :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:36 pm

VitorFaria wrote:In a semi related tangent, have you posted that excellent Glaug/Marauder of yours here?

I have been preoccupied with semi important things in my life recently that sometimes I feel like a one-legged man in a Butt kicking contest. I have overlooked this one build and thank you VitorFaira for reminding me.
This is another one of those BattleTech/MechWarrior based frames, but also seen in Macross/Robotech, the Marauder/Glaug Battlepod

ImageMarauder/Glaug
Marauder/Glaug: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Beam Cannons, d6Ra d6Ra Heavy Beam Cannon, d6Y Targeting Antenna

Because of the coloring, I may just add it to my growing Army of Dustashim, but it was not an original design, stuck it here.
Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:11 pm

Want a frame that's a jack-of-all trades? Tired of spending all those hard earned credits to customize your machine? Have you been frustrated with your current loadout that you just want to scrap the whole thing?
If you have answered YES to any of these questions, then you might be in the need of a [Custom Random] Frame!

ImageCustom Random

Sure this frame may not look all that special, but this is just it's basic core. What sets it appart from other frames is the high customization modular system that has been incoperated into it's arms for easy loadout customizing. Each [Custom Random] frame comes with various Arm mounted systems

ImageCustom Randoms Add-ons

Which include: d6Y Arm Scanner, d6Rh d6Rh HtH Twin Saw, d6Rd d6Rd Dual Barrel Laser, d6Ra d6Ra Long Range Cannon, and d6B Arm Shield. So you have options to best suit the role you want your frame to play.

As a SPECIAL BONUS, if you order now, we'll include this Storage Armory to house all the components for easy access and quick changes.
ImageCustom Random with Add-on Armory

So how many can we put you down for?
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:36 pm

Lovely arm rack, Artasid!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:09 am

Pretty cool dude. I like the torso/cockpit configuration.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:37 am

VitorFaria wrote:Lovely arm rack, Artasid!

Atavism wrote:Pretty cool dude. I like the torso/cockpit configuration.

Thank you both guys 8-).

A while back, I remember there was a slight surge of underwater frames that suddenly popped up, like Aardvarks Poseidon or Atavism's Subsuits. I think there were others but I can't recall them at the moment.
I finally decided to try to make one of my own, though not nearly as good, but I'm proud of it.

ImageDeep Geek
ImageDeep Geek Rear
Deep Geek: d6Y Deep sea Floodlamps, d6G Propeller Movement, d8G No Ranged Weaponry d8Rr d8Rr Emergency Explosive Charges

I can image this frame being used to either explore the bottom of a very deep ravine or used as a underwater laborer. Not really a combat frame but one that can be weaponized if need be.
I hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments that you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:59 am

I really like how greebly you made this, it looks very purposeful!
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby SuspendedAnimation » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Nice choice on the arms and excellent design on the legs/feet!
SuspendedAnimation
Chatty

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs