[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Just some Random Frames

Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Artasid » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:41 am

The Odyse Scavenger frame is an ideal unit to scavenge and recover parts and debris in zero and low grav environments. It's low profile allows for easier access into smaller areas, while being mobile enough to cross dangerous terrain. Though it appears as an Ijad unit, this frame can be piloted by humans as well, in fact, the Miner's Coalition has already placed in numerous orders of these units.

Odyse Scavenger: d6Rh d6Rh Energy Grapple, d6Rd d6Rd Pulse Cannon, d6B Shield Emitter, d6G Quadrupedal Jump Motors

Because the Odyse is meant to work in hostile, and dangerous environments, it has been given various tools to enable its survivability in such locations. It has a Shield Emitter which generates a translucent protective field around the frame to protect it from various space debris. Its Energy Grapple, mounted on its top, is the frames primary tool for recovering and moving items, it uses a magnetic energy tether to hook onto objects, similarly like that of a tractor beam. To enable it's superior mobility, it has Quadrupedal Jump Motors that allow it to cover distances quickly and to make minor space jumps. The Pulse cannon is an after-thought addition should the frame encounter hostiles while performing its duties. This frame won't survive an all-out fight, but at least it will be able to defend itself, and if used correctly, could be used as an effective ambusher or quick striker unit.

I hope you enjoyed, and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby KungFujiApple » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:45 am

This build is pretty awesome, has a definite sleek insectoid look. Very nice parts usage. A unit of these might look pretty swanky ;)
- KFA frame
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:12 pm

No flashy backstory for these, other than I wanted to make some repurposed Labor Frames.

LEFT: d6Rd d6Rd Nail Gun, d6B d6B Armor Plates, d6G Leg Stability
RIGHT: d6Rh d6Rh Wrench, d6G External Fuel Pod, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:43 pm

Recently, I was on Amazon and I happened upon this page, which promotes Mobile Frame Zero by mentioning the game.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M5HYQQG/re ... UTF8&psc=1

It offers various Frame builds using mock lego sets. Some of the designs I found interesting and decided to try my hand at recreating some of them. In fact, the left Repurposed Labor Frame pictured above was an early attempt at recreating one of the designs, with some minor changes. The next pair I'll be posting were also based off frame designs on the Amazon site. Plus we could always use more Roller type frames! lol

LEFT: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Crush Claws, d6G A-T Wheels, d6G Extra Fuel Drum, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
RIGHT: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Pulse Cannons, d6B Knock-Back Stabilizer, d6G A-T Wheels.

I hope you enjoyed and as an added FYI, I have purchased one of the sets from the link posted and found that the quality of the parts are almost as good as regular LEGOs, however some parts are a bit tighter to fit than others that at one point, I actually had to shave some of the plastic off a stub in order for it to connect properly. Overall I'd give it a 7 out of 10. (mostly because I'm not sure of the price value)
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:03 am

much thanx for webpage. been looking for a site to buy mech kits.
but I have a question. not to make fun or insult but why do lots of you mechs has inscet legs or walker legs or hover? Not seeing a lot of human kind legs. you have something against them?
SamSam
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:32 am

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:11 pm

I've been experimenting with the Wheelwell Mudguard piece recently, and in doing so, I came up with the design.
However, I have made a few other builds as well, though they fall more into the 'Random Tablescrap' category, like this one I'm about to share, which is also based off the Magitek Battlearmor suits used in the Final Fantasy series (Primarily FFIII from the SNES, though it has since been relabled as FF6)

Magitek Armor: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Sword Claws, d6Rd d6Rd MagiCannon, d6G Steam Engine

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Aardvark17 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:15 am

Those blade arms look really good! I also quite like the shaping on the front and the detailing behind the cockpit, great stuff.
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Arctic Banana » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:53 am

"How 'bout a little Magitek mayhem?"
The part where you steal a couple Magitek armors and rampage through the Imperial camp was always one of my favorite parts of that game.
If playing Dungeons & Dragons has taught me one thing, it's that you should probably not trust someone who introduces themselves with the phrase "GREETINGS FELLOW MORTALS IT IS I."
Arctic Banana
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:33 am

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Blorf » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:30 pm

It's worth your time. (And the opening cinematic doesn't count since it was only added in a re-release.)
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:03 am

WOW! Great build! I LOVE the Magitek armor design. Huge fan of FF III/6. And whether or not you have played it or even like it, this design does it justice. Nice work :)
- KFA frame
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:36 pm

"Are you absolutely sure it's not just a misshapen Commissar?"

"For the last scrapin' time, it is NOT a Commissar!"

Chief Technician Ian 'Gasket' Stoonei exclaimed rather profusely at his two visitors. He had hoped to show off his new test frame design, the Conflict, but every time the same question is asked.

"It is true I used scrapped Commissar parts for the head but I needed lighter materials for the main body in order to reinforce the legs and still keep it's weight manageable to carry the new test weapon."

"It's a new plasma based projectile launcher isn't it?"

"Correct. The howitzer launches a new form of pod consisting of compressed plasma isotopes that explode upon impact at high velocity."

Gasket felt rather proud of himself and hoped the committee in charge of evaluating the tests show favor so he can be granted the design contract.

"I'll be doing the tests myself within the week."

"Good luck Gasket. Lord knows you'll put on a fine show."

Conflict: d6Ra d6Ra Plasma Howitzer, d6Rd d6Rd Burst Cannon, d6G External Power Pod, d8Rr d8Rr 2 Extra Plasma Isotope Pods

Hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:09 pm

No backstory or fluff stuff for these next ones. I got bored and decided to try and make something out of all the robo arm parts I have collected over the years. These are the results.

BLACK: d6Rd d6Rd Sting Cannon, d6Y Radar, d6G Quad Mobility
BROWN: d6G External Power Cells, d6G Quad Mobility, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Mantisking » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:01 pm

uses a lot of Exo-Force Arms if you're looking for more inspiration.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:26 pm

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:07 am

Pretty creative, I especially like the "face" area, it comes together well.
- KFA frame
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:11 pm

One of my old time favorite PC games is called Total Annihilation. It's a real time strategy game where you create armies of mechs to battle the enemy. The following is from the games into:

"What began as a conflict over the transfer of consciousness from flesh to machines, escalated into a war that has decimated a million worlds. The CORE and the ARM have all but exhausted the resources of a galaxy in their struggle for domination. Both sides, now crippled beyond repair, the remnants of their armies continue to battle on ravaged planets, their hatred fueled by over four THOUSAND years of total war! This is a fight to the death.
For each side, the only acceptable outcome is the complete elimination of the other."

Here's a youtube link for the actual cgi movie for anyone interested. FYI it was made back in 1997 so don't expect much in terms of graphics.

I bring this up for two reasons
1: After being reintroduced to this game after so many years (Thanks Dad), I realized that it could EASILY fit into the MFZ universe and I would like to expand on that.
2: I have bricked the 2 most common units used in the game for MFZ play and I wanted to share the backstory before sharing the pic

Yellow PeeWee: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Energy Machine Guns, d6Y Sensor Suite
Blue A.K.: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Laser Cannons, d6Y Antenna

I hope you enjoyed and I might even try to brick even more units from the game. We'll see
As always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:31 pm

I continue my Total Annihilation theme with this next addion, the ARM's Zeus

Zeus: d6Rh d6Rd Lightning Gun, d6B d6B Encased Heavy Armor

The Zeus is a heavily armored frontline unit but it's experimental weapon has a short range, meaning it must rely on it's armor to get close enough for it's lighting gun to be effective. I don't often do mixed ranged weapons, but it seemed appropriate here.

This next random frame is completely random with no real theme or source material I could think of. Just playing around and experimenting with designs.

DR: Systems UNKNOWN at this time

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:59 pm

Another pair of Total Annihilation units to share. Both from the CORE

Brown Crasher: d6Rd d6Rd Missile Tube, d6B d6B Dual Armored Plates, d6G Quad Mobility
DK Red Thud: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Plasma Cannons, d6B Armor Plates

Crasher is a high defense Anti-Air KBot, which uses a guided missile to take down targets at medium ranges, while the Thud is a mobile Artillery KBot with impressive range with it's Plasma Cannons.

Artasid
Old Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs