Questions about Stud.io 2.0

Discuss things not related to MFZ - Keep it civil

Questions about Stud.io 2.0

Postby Artasid » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:08 am

I have very recently uploaded the new 2.0 version of Bricklinks Stud.io. I am more familiar with Lego Digital Designer, however I have used Stud.io in the past in order to make Renderings. However, the new 2.0 version has a few things about it that I am having some trouble with and I would like to get some assistance if possible.

1: I have noticed how some people are able to add some details to their Stud.io 2.0 renders, like battle damage and scratches to their builds. How do you add these features? I know the basic rendering process, but anything above that is a bit confusing for me.

2: I have never tried this with Stud.io but I'd like to ask. Can you upload a Stud.io build file into Dropbox and create a shared link to it like you can with LDD files? The reason for this is because I have been making some recent builds that uses parts that LEGO Digital Designer does NOT have, like the new 1x1 bracket plates and rounded 2x1 plates, and I have had some people ask me for LDD files that I cannot provide because of the lack of parts.

These are the only questions I have at the moment, but if I have any more I will add them. I thank you in advanced for any and all assistance provided.
Thank you!
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Re: Questions about Stud.io 2.0

Postby Omniscient Frog » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:32 am

Artasid wrote:1: I have noticed how some people are able to add some details to their Stud.io 2.0 renders, like battle damage and scratches to their builds. How do you add these features? I know the basic rendering process, but anything above that is a bit confusing for me.

I can probably answer this one, since I over-use this feature already. Under the photorealistic render tab, if you scroll all the way down in the options menu, there's parts where you can toggle stud logo, UV damage (yellowing), and the above-mentioned scratches. I personally recommend staying under 0.05 strength if you want just some light weathering, but if you want to make the model really look beat up, you can push it to at least 0.5.
Break through the bindings of reality
Omniscient Frog
Chatty

Postby Artasid » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:46 am

Thank you so much Omniscient Frog! That helps a lot.

As for question 2, I have already tried it on another thread and it seems to work as far as I can tell, though I have not heard any feedback on it yet.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Aardvark17 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:49 am

It makes sense that question 2 would work, you're just hosting a file on dropbox. The file type shouldn't matter, so both LDD and Stud.io files should work the same way with dropbox.
If it doesn't you could also try Google Drive.
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Omniscient Frog » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:22 pm

Aardvark17 wrote:If it doesn't you could also try Google Drive.

I know for a fact that Google Drive works, as I've used it to share a stud.io file before
Break through the bindings of reality
Omniscient Frog
Chatty

Postby The Hydromancer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:07 am

Can confirm number two works, I've started sharing Chubdam designs people request using the link on dropbox. What I'm not 100% sure on is how long the link is good for as in at least one case a link I provided was no longer good after a few months, but that may have been something I did on my end. I recommend if you do share the link that you advise anyone wanting to use it to download the file as soon as they can, just in case.
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
Master Solar Union/Federation Fleet Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Off Topic