MFZ:RA Commander's Handbook

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Re: MFZ:RA Commander's Handbook

Postby spacemonkey » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:16 pm

Was playing around a bit with this over the weekend, I think I've encountered a bug: When adding the "Charger" to a company from the Loadout Archetypes, the added frame consistently had double HtH systems listed instead of one HtH and one Direct Ranged it's supposed to based on the archetype.
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blorf » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:32 pm

Thanks, I'll take a look. I've been focusing on developing the new version, but this should be an easy fix.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:05 pm

The current Handbook is now hosted from a new server. Let me know if there are any issues.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Archangel6 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:40 pm

Blorf wrote:The current Handbook is now hosted from a new server. Let me know if there are any issues.

Got a new iPad for Christmas and tried to download it from the App Store but after several searches still cannot seem to find it there to install. Any ideas?
Archangel6
Newcomer

Postby CmdrRook » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:28 pm

Archangel6 wrote:
Blorf wrote:The current Handbook is now hosted from a new server. Let me know if there are any issues.

Got a new iPad for Christmas and tried to download it from the App Store but after several searches still cannot seem to find it there to install. Any ideas?

I'm unsure how to add it to your home screen via iOS, but the link to the browser app is here: http://hazardcreative.com/mfz-ch/
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Archangel6 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:17 pm

CmdrRook wrote:
Archangel6 wrote:

I'm unsure how to add it to your home screen via iOS, but the link to the browser app is here: http://hazardcreative.com/mfz-ch/

Ahh, thats it..got it! Thanks so much!!
Archangel6
Newcomer

Postby Blorf » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:31 am

Yeah, it's a web-based app. You access it via a browser, so it also loads great on other types of phones, tablets, and desktop computers. (Even Windows phones, probably!) If you add it to your home screen, it will still work while you're offline.

I don't have an iOS device, but give this a try: https://lifehacker.com/5809338/add-web- ... homescreen
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:37 pm

Thank you for creating the Handbook, it has really helped with the few games I have played. However, as I was researching the Archetypes, I came across Mantisking's blog on archetypes here and noticed that 5 of the archetypes were missing from the handbook (Commando, Light Tank, Mobile Cannon, Shield Maiden, Support Soldier). But all the rest are pretty much identical. I am not sure if these 5 were left out intentionally, or if they were simply overlooked.

Just thought I'd make mention of it.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blorf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Thanks for the comments! The updates I'm making for the new version should improve it even further.

I don't recall the details, but some types were left out intentionally if they were duplicates or very nearly. Others might have been added to his page later on.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:51 pm

Blorf wrote:I don't recall the details, but some types were left out intentionally if they were duplicates or very nearly. Others might have been added to his page later on.

I updated my list just the other day and I'm probably going to add some of the ones from the Handbook soon.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:51 pm

As promised, supporters at the $5 level are now getting an early look and test drive of the new features.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:16 pm

Nice to know this is still going strong!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Previous

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion