Transhumans

Discussion of the background, history & universe
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Re: Transhumans

Postby Soren » Fri May 24, 2013 2:05 am

Both good examples. However I do think we should note in the latter case that continuing to shoot a weapon that has malfunctioned like that is not the smartest move, too. I was always taught that you should pop out the magazine and either find someone competent to tear down the gun, or start very carefully tearing down the gun yourself. Either way, shooty time is over.

The equivalent for muscle cylinder fluid is probably 'mop up spills very carefully before continuing to fill things'. All it takes is one spark.
I worked on the setting and mecha design, but my opinions are personal. I am not the fun police.
See more stuff I've made: The Mobile Frame Errata|Flickr Gallery
"People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations."
User avatar
Soren
MFZ:RA Game Designer
 
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:22 am
Location: Low Earth Orbit

Re: Transhumans

Postby gatlinggouf927 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:23 am

Soren wrote:The equivalent for muscle cylinder fluid is probably 'mop up spills very carefully before continuing to fill things'. All it takes is one spark.


This just gave me an idea, pools of MCF on a battlefield that if ignited by gunfire, start fires that hinder a frames systems, or explode for extra damage if a frame is standing in it... that'd be a pretty cool battlefield hazard to play around with tactically.
I came from the bottom, now I made it to the top. Newtype flow I'm the hottest on the block. Somebody tell these haters that I'm never gonna stop. Till I kill em all like a colony drop. I'm yellin out Sieg Zeon, Sieg Zeon

-Richie Branson-
User avatar
gatlinggouf927
Grizzled Veteran
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:20 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: Transhumans

Postby Joshua A.C. Newman » Fri May 24, 2013 9:37 am

Soren wrote:Both good examples. However I do think we should note in the latter case that continuing to shoot a weapon that has malfunctioned like that is not the smartest move, too. I was always taught that you should pop out the magazine and either find someone competent to tear down the gun, or start very carefully tearing down the gun yourself. Either way, shooty time is over.


Yeah, the guy is a jerk in a lot of ways. I'm not even that experienced with guns, and that seems totally obvious. That chabber is treating it like a video game when, in fact, it's a machine that focuses explosions and is subject to material failures at several points. Like, I'd hate to see that guy with a wood joiner. Or a pencil sharpener.

That said, battlefield conditions are much worse than those controlled conditions, and under stress, people make all sorts of weird mistakes that you'd think they'd be above.

The equivalent for muscle cylinder fluid is probably 'mop up spills very carefully before continuing to fill things'. All it takes is one spark.


Yeah, same as gasoline or other volatile spills. Hm. Might be time for a TEM safety poster.
User avatar
Joshua A.C. Newman
MFZ:RA Game Designer
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: Transhumans

Postby Foghammer » Fri May 24, 2013 10:14 am

Joshua A.C. Newman wrote:Yeah, same as gasoline or other volatile spills. Hm. Might be time for a TEM safety poster.

I love little details like this in a game! You guys have such an awesome sense of immersion and attention to detail.

gatlinggouf927 wrote:This just gave me an idea, pools of MCF on a battlefield that if ignited by gunfire, start fires that hinder a frames systems, or explode for extra damage if a frame is standing in it... that'd be a pretty cool battlefield hazard to play around with tactically.

Interesting... would this be represented with 1x1 rounds for drums or would it come from a frame taking structural damage (losing white dice); both? Brickforge has those nifty liquid spill pieces, though their prices are quite high.
Image
User avatar
Foghammer
Old Guard
 
Posts: 1115
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:51 pm
Location: Tennessee, USA

Re: Transhumans

Postby Joshua A.C. Newman » Fri May 24, 2013 3:39 pm

Holy hutch. I think you just solved a design problem for me.
User avatar
Joshua A.C. Newman
MFZ:RA Game Designer
 
Posts: 1574
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: Transhumans

Postby Zero Revenge » Sat May 25, 2013 1:25 am

Joshua A.C. Newman wrote:Holy hutch. I think you just solved a design problem for me.

Make it happen, Joshua.


...Please.
Self-appointed lore buff.
http://mfzarcadia.wordpress.com/ - Keep up to date on the War for Arcadia
User avatar
Zero Revenge
Grizzled Veteran
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:44 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Transhumans

Postby Foghammer » Sat May 25, 2013 11:20 am

Joshua A.C. Newman wrote:Holy hutch. I think you just solved a design problem for me.

Who? What?
Zero Revenge wrote:Make it happen, Joshua.

Make what happen?

I feel like the little tea cup from Beauty and the Beast here.
Image
User avatar
Foghammer
Old Guard
 
Posts: 1115
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:51 pm
Location: Tennessee, USA

Re: Transhumans

Postby Zero Revenge » Sat May 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Foghammer wrote:
Zero Revenge wrote:Make it happen, Joshua.

Make what happen?

I feel like the little tea cup from Beauty and the Beast here.

Whatever it is he has been inspired to finish. I just love seeing more canonical stuff released.
Self-appointed lore buff.
http://mfzarcadia.wordpress.com/ - Keep up to date on the War for Arcadia
User avatar
Zero Revenge
Grizzled Veteran
 
Posts: 753
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:44 pm
Location: New Jersey

Previous

Return to Mobile Frame Background

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests