Piloted Frames

Discussion of the background, history & universe
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Piloted Frames

Postby Trokodile » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:27 am

First off, if this is not the correct place to put this, I apologize because I wasn't quite sure.
But here's the question. What's the term for a specific modification of a Frame or vehicle that has a named pilot? I believe that would be an Ace, or is that IO only? I have seven frames designed that I want to give a pilot, but need the term first. Thanks!
As of August 30, 2019, I have 13 frames photographed that I haven't put here yet. They, as well as all my photographs, can be found at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f1dlHOhWX4s6nfTW1FWh4Uqhoc6usAIG
Trokodile
Talkative

Re: Piloted Frames

Postby Blorf » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:31 am

There's no differentiation for that within the game rules for RA. This is mostly because all frames are piloted—autonomous/AI robots are the exception and not the norm. Whether the frame is owned by or exclusively piloted by a single person or not would change from one situation to another, and isn't relevant to the game rules.

So call them whatever you'd like for however you play.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Re: Piloted Frames

Postby Atavism » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:29 am

Yeah there's not an established slang word for it or anything, so it really depends on whatever background fluff you're constructing to explain why these people are important enough to be "named" pilots (as opposed to everyone else in a can). Are they Aces, Commanders, Notable Criminals? What might they or their culture use to single them out? Are they even special or are you just naming your grunts?
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Return to Mobile Frame Background