Ignorant savage having difficulty

Get support for technical issues
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of you posts should reflect this

Ignorant savage having difficulty

Postby Hackjob » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:15 am

First off, I have to admit I'm more of a techno-fail than a techno-phile (got that one from eatrepeat), so this might be a dumb question. Twice now I have responded to personal messages, the response says it is sent, but it doesn't move to my sent mail box, and gets stuck in my outbox, with no apparent way to resend it. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance all you interweb gurus out there.

-Hackjob
-Hackjob

Here's more: my Flikr
Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Ignorant savage having difficulty

Postby spacemonkey » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:58 am

You're not doing anything wrong; the messaging system confused me for awhile too. A "Sent" PM moves to in your Outbox until the person(s) to whom it is addressed log back onto the forums at which time it is deposited in their Inbox and moved to your Sent box. I think it's sort of a confirmation that the message was delivered and that the recipient(s) could have to seen it.
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:02 pm

spacemonkey wrote:You're not doing anything wrong; the messaging system confused me for awhile too. A "Sent" PM moves to in your Outbox until the person(s) to whom it is addressed log back onto the forums at which time it is deposited in their Inbox and moved to your Sent box.

Spacemonkey has it in one.

spacemonkey wrote:I think it's sort of a confirmation that the message was delivered and that the recipient(s) could have to seen it.

Possibly.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Hackjob » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Thanks guys! Appreciate the info

-Hackjob
-Hackjob

Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hackjob » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:08 am

Okay, I give up, how the heck do you change the "title" of a link? Example: when I post a linkt to anothe topic, it says "http://mobileframehangar/viewtopicblahblahblah" and I want to make it say "that awesome frame by so-and-so". It can't be all that hard, since I did it once by mistake, but now I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance to all you techno wizards.
-Hackjob

Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:32 am

Hackjob wrote:Okay, I give up, how the heck do you change the "title" of a link? Example: when I post a linkt to anothe topic, it says "http://mobileframehangar/viewtopicblahblahblah" and I want to make it say "that awesome frame by so-and-so". It can't be all that hard, since I did it once by mistake, but now I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance to all you techno wizards.

In BBCode it's {url=http://blahblahblah}Title of link.{/url}. Just substitute [ ] for { }.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Hackjob » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:07 pm

Erm, sorry Mantis I still don't get it :oops: . I have been using the "URL" forum button to link to other posts, and it already uses the regular [ brackets not the fancy { ones. Should I be doing something else to paste links? Another example would be the links in my signature say http://ect and I would like to make them say "My Flikr/Imgr Account" instead.
-Hackjob

Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blorf » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:21 pm

This:
Code: Select all
[url=http://blahblahblah]Title of link.[/url]

Makes this:
Title of link.

You can use the "preview" button to test stuff out, and hit "quote" if you want to see how someone else did something.
Last edited by Blorf on Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:21 pm

You have to put an equal sign (=) just after the first URL marker and follow it with your link address, then put the text you want to show up between the URL markers.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Hackjob » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:05 pm

Aaaahhh, I get it now! Thanks very much folks, I woulda never figured that out alone without coding classes. Much appreciated :D
-Hackjob

Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby darksyntax » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:43 pm

darksyntax
Mod Team

Return to Forum Help