[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Dice Pictograms as Smileys

Dice Pictograms as Smileys

Get support for technical issues
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of you posts should reflect this

Dice Pictograms as Smileys

Postby Soren » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:33 pm

So, I did a series of pictograms for each attachment type. I'm pretty proud of them, and they'd really swank this place up.

Just let me know what size and format. If we set it up so that each icon represents a die, it should be easy to do split weapons as well. I'm open to suggestions on good ways to do the red and green D8s.
I worked on the setting and mecha design, but my opinions are personal. I am not the .
See more stuff I've made: |
"People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations."
Soren
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Re: Attachment smileys

Postby MittenNinja » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:39 pm

YES! I'm going to make good use of these. Thanks Soren!

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
MittenNinja
Old Guard

Postby Mantisking » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:32 pm

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Dukayn » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby schoon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:04 pm

First: very nice work.

Second, I concur with the folks above: a d8 is generally symbolized by a diamond (as opposed to the d6 square).
schoon
Site Admin

Postby benlehman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Oh those are nice.
benlehman
Newcomer

Postby Forged » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:03 am

Those are great! I'm planning on making playing cards for all my frames, these icons will really make them pop! (assuming you are ok with me stealing them)
Forged
Talkative

Postby The Trilobite » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:08 am

Switching the orientation would be awesome, and perhaps a think border--maybe a white stripe just inside the edge--to add emphasis and further help differentiate.

Love the idea of using these as smileys here, too!
"What do you put on your head to see all this stuff?"
--Just one of many questions raised by .

The Trilobite
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Dukayn » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:01 am

Did a sample D8 with and without border: Image Image
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby Soren » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:55 am

Sent final versions off to Our Fearless Leader. I'll check this thread periodically for questions, comments and death threats.
I worked on the setting and mecha design, but my opinions are personal. I am not the .
See more stuff I've made: |
"People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations."
Soren
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby schoon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:35 am

I'll get those in place - along with a few other improvements - this weekend.

Thanks, Soren!
schoon
Site Admin

Postby Forged » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:44 pm

How are these coming?
Forged
Talkative

Postby Ced23Ric » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Those are great stuff. What about Mixed Systems? H/D, D/A, H/A?
Image - An Ijad-controlled system, where SU and FC are still fighting.
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby potsticker » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:15 pm

potsticker
Talkative

Postby Ced23Ric » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:23 pm

So, what you're implying is, that the way this works is, that each dice, not each system is counted for iconising?
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby potsticker » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:08 pm

That's how I understood it. That's why there's a different icon for the d8s, right? (the cocked symbols)
potsticker
Talkative

Postby Ced23Ric » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:08 pm

Oh, I got it, then.

Image Single Shot Rocket, d8
Image Image Weapon, Artillery, d6/d8
Image Image Weapon, Direct-Fire, d6/d8
Image Image Weapon, Hand-to-Hand, d6/d8
Image Image Movement, d6/d8
Image Image Defense, d6; Spotting, d6

And to give an example, one of my tanky 'Frames would be:
Image Image Image Image Image Image

And my Missile Monkey:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby potsticker » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Looks correct to me! Now we need them integrated so we can just type something like :Rh: :Rh: :Rh8: :Y: :B: :G8:
potsticker
Talkative

Postby Forged » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:41 pm

So how do I use those in my posts? I thought they were going to be added to the smiley list, or am I just supposed to link images?
Forged
Talkative

Postby Ced23Ric » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Yeah, if those would be added to the smiley list, that'd be good. Right now, I just linked images. Also, those are Soren's graphics. He needs to approve of my quick 45° tilting and all. I also flipped the Movement one around, so they would all have the same facing. PSA: I don't want to take credit for another man's work, nor do I want to decide anything for his products. ;)

By the way: Small versions, for more elegant forum use, as 55px by 55px is pretty big - these ones are 25px by 25px.

Image Single Shot Rocket, d8
Image Image Weapon, Artillery, d6/d8
Image Image Weapon, Direct-Fire, d6/d8
Image Image Weapon, Hand-to-Hand, d6/d8
Image Image Movement, d6/d8
Image Image Defense, d6; Spotting, d6
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Next

Return to Forum Help