Tactical vs Combat Order

Any rules question for MFZ: Rapid Attack should be asked here.
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Re: Tactical vs Combat Order

Postby Ced23Ric » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:15 am

Tactical & Combat order only differ in "Who goes next". Once a frame has concluded their turn, all their dice take effect. That includes spot.
Image Vesopia - An Ijad-controlled system, where SU and FC are still fighting.
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby Shades_Corvid » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:05 am

So pg 90, tactical order. Players can chose to pass or activate a frame. If you have no frames to activate than you auto pass. You can pass if you have frames that can activate and there are other frames that can activate.

Now I think we all play that the player at the bottom of Tactical Order HAS to activate a frame if they can. I think this is the intent of the rules but the words suggest that you can pass if another player has a frame to activate; even if you are on bottom Tactical Order.
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blorf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:19 pm

Also p90: "if there are no mobile frames left to go after you, you have to take a turn."
The intent of this being no frames controlled by players with a lower score is clarified in the example game on p114/115:
"We’re still in tactical order. Vincent has one frame left, but he chooses to pass. Joshua’s up, and since there are no frames to go after his, he can’t pass."
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Previous

Return to Rapid Attack