Bought a pack of COGO today

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Bought a pack of COGO today

Postby gaberlunzie » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:05 pm

I hope this is the right subforum for this, was unsure of where to put it. Bought some COGO brand fake lego today. A big pack of basic bricks from 1x1 to 2x12, 550 bricks for 200 sek (around $25). Not tried them extensively yet but first impression is very good.

Very compatible with lego, several colors are almost identical (including yellow and black which to me are important to look uniform). Great fit internally - better than lego, honestly, though I'm not sure about durability - and good fit together with lego. I could use single-stud cogo-cogo, but not cogo-lego.

One of those is a lego brick. If you actively look you can see which, but unlike Mega Bloks (the other off-brand I've used) it's not immediately obvious from a distance with poorer lightning (well, unless you look at the studs, but I tend to cover those in actual builds). And yes, my table eraser residue on it. xD

For terrain it really seems to hit the mark, though I would've liked a few more earthy and desaturated tones (but that's always the case for big packs of basic bricks, incl lego's Bricks and More pack). So for that purpose, highly recommended. It's less than a Bricks and More bucket, maybe 2/3 of it in actual usefulness IMO or even 3/4 if you like me have more tires than you know what to do with already. At 1/4th the cost it's a good deal IMO, especially for being able to pick it up in a store instead of ordering and waiting for months.

EDIT: They do have smaller sets too that are more like Lego City in style, and at some point I might try one out, but for me when I want fiddly parts I kinda prefer buying what I actually want on bricklink. The price per part is also closer between those and lego; the $6 cogo sets are probably similar in content to a $10 lego cities set.
gaberlunzie
Newcomer

Re: Bought a pack of COGO today

Postby Mantisking » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:22 pm

General Discussion is the usual place to post topics like this.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby gaberlunzie » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:09 pm

Mantisking wrote:General Discussion is the usual place to post topics like this.

Oh, sorry, is there a way to delete/move the post?
gaberlunzie
Newcomer

Postby Mantisking » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:35 pm

Mantisking wrote:General Discussion is the usual place to post topics like this.
gaberlunzie wrote:Oh, sorry, is there a way to delete/move the post?

I already took care of it.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby gaberlunzie » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:37 pm

Oh, thanks!
gaberlunzie
Newcomer

Postby Riptor25 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:11 pm

Looks like a real easy way to put out some scenery and walls for a game! COGO is a pretty high-quality BootLego as far as I've seen. Where'd you pick this up? Got any more pictures of what all came with the pack?
A [Single-Set] Challenger has appeared!
"Use your head you can success. Price may discount, BUT enjoy never discount." The Boot-Lego guarantee.
Riptor25
Talkative

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion