MFZ video game (In Dev)

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

MFZ video game (In Dev)

Postby TheFrenchFrame » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:06 pm

Hello everyone , i got something really interesting and also quite exciting that i am working on right now. but before getting into it i just want you to know , i'm a 17 year old french canadian so if my spelling isn't that good please be considerate.

So , yes this isn't a logan paul clickbait Topic title. Since i'm getting into learning the mystic art of programmation and game developpement , i wanted to create something that could land to something great while learning and getting better. I have been thinking about what i should do and i came out whit the idea of making my First video game ever , to be about Mobile Frame Zero :D

Now you guy are propably already hyped about it , but their his more i have not finish yet. This will be a Turned based strategy game whit two different gameplay for single player mode and multiplayer mode. The single player mode will be a campaign where you'll be taking into an adventure commanding a squad of frame. the multiplayer mode will be a digital version of the tabletop game whit some interesting modification of my own ( Don't worry , those modification are just to balanced the video game and tabletop concept).

but , like i said i am getting into game dev. the main reason why i made this post its because i'll need your help to make this project better for everyone. How ? everything can help me , script , idea , plot for the campaing , Lore info , Concept art
i'll make soon a google drive where you guy can send me what you did.

Thanks for you contribution
TheFrenchFrame

ps. I'll give you guy new about how the game his going each week ;D
TheFrenchFrame
Newcomer

Re: MFZ video game (In Dev)

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:22 pm

Welcome to the Hangar!

As someone who codes for a living I can give you some advice if you ever need some.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby TheFrenchFrame » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:47 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Welcome to the Hangar!

As someone who codes for a living I can give you some advice if you ever need some.

Yes it would really help me , but right now i am getting into learning how to use Unity. I might also trie to get myself a voxel or pixelart editor (Because i'm kinda bad in drawing xDD) cause i really like Voxel kind of game and i think it would fit whit the main concept of mobile frame zero : being a game made of lego.
TheFrenchFrame
Newcomer

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:32 am

Welcome! And let me say WOW! That is a really cool concept, I can't speak for all, but as a fan of the game, concept, and universe, I can imagine it's a great honor to all here, and I'm pretty stoked to see how it will turn out! :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby TheFrenchFrame » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:46 pm

Thanks for your support Guy. Going so far i am working on the general idea of what i want in this game. So for the next few month i'll mostly gonna work on the singleplayer campaign. So far the concept his a turn based campaign whit
2 chapter of 12 mission each. You'll be in the command of a squad , trough each mission you'll get energy to call new frame from the nearby transit gate.

Also , everyone like a little bit of rpg , so your frame will gain
Experience and they will get random bonus for exemple : if one of you use one of your frame to scouting , the commander will be better at it and you'll be able to found hiden enemy quicker.

I need to get back into the lore and if you guy have any idea feel free to put them here. I might also be in need of concept art because i am really not that good in that.
TheFrenchFrame
Newcomer

Postby TheFrenchFrame » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:39 pm

DevNote.1 : Frame and Pilot
So here are what I have been working on for this week. I am all getting my idea together trying to think what you guy would like to see into the game and there are what I tough about. First i wanted to seperate the pilots and frame into two unique feature for the game. I did not really worked on the pilots yet , but the idea will be similar to the Squad leader
Mechanics whit some modifications (Random stats and hability) .

1- The squad leader : your squad leader his your main pilot. You will choose his frame.

The squad leader have the chance to have custom stats that you'll choose when creating it. When he will get experience , he will be the only pilot you can chose what characteristic you want to upgrade.

[What are the stats and special hability]

The squad leaders will also increase his rank after each sucessfull mission. Each higher rank give him access to more experimented pilot and more advanced Frame.

The squad leader also have command point that he can use for stratefic purpose such has calling a Frame drop from your Hangar or an orbital strike in battle.

2- Frame : Frame are Mech used by the solar union , the colonists and idjad pilot for multiple task such has military operation and wars.

Your pilot come basicly whit no frame so you'll have to assign each of them to a certain frame that fit whit their stats and hability. To make the thing easier for you , those frame are divided in class [how should those class be named].  

Frame can also be customized whit weapon , sensor and other attachement that fit to their purpose.

Also , when a frame his destroyed in battle , it will eject the pilot or kill him. You can call frame from your Hangar and assign the pilot to it.

So guy I need your opinion and also some idea for

What should the class be ?
Do I use the tabletop game stats for the frame
And some custom (but logic one) for the pilot ?
And what name could I give to the command point hability? Ops ? Programs? Tell me your idea
TheFrenchFrame
Newcomer

Postby TheFrenchFrame » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:42 pm

KungFujiApple wrote:Welcome! And let me say WOW! That is a really cool concept, I can't speak for all, but as a fan of the game, concept, and universe, I can imagine it's a great honor to all here, and I'm pretty stoked to see how it will turn out! :D

That's for your support :D
TheFrenchFrame
Newcomer

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:37 pm

I really like the idea of choosing a pilot (squad leader) and then having them gain exp, lvl up, and get access to more frames. A frames stat categories are: d6Ra artillery, d6Rd mid-range, d6Rh close-range, d6B defense, d6G mobility, d6Y Spotting. Although these stat categories are for customizing frames, I can imagine it would be possible to mirror a similar customization for the squad leader.

In this way a player could choose which kind of piloting technic fits them, for Ex: they could build a squad leader whose piloting skills are higher in speed and hand-to-hand, or spotting and long range, etc, etc. Thus effecting the type of frames they prefer using, weapons, and equipment selection.

When creating a squad leader you should probably figure out first what their backround is. Are they part of the Solar Union: TTM, TEM; or Ijad; or Free Colonies, etc.
This could possibly influence the kind of frames they would have access to both in the beginning and in the advanced stages of the game. For Ex: A player who chooses an Ijad as their squad leader would have acces to certain frames that a player who chose a TEM would not, and visa versa.

TheFrenchFrame wrote:the main reason why i made this post its because i'll need your help to make this project better for everyone. How ? everything can help me , script , idea , plot for the campaing , Lore info , Concept art

There is a decent amount of lore, aside from the main storyline, throughout this site. There is even a thread on art design and concept. And even possible ideas of a MFZ Lore Book of collected stories by the community. The community is generally very giving and sharing of their ideas, concepts, designs. I cannot speak for everyone but I'm sure many would be willing to support you with their story line ideas if you ask.

Also, I am not a lawyer and am not entirely certain how copyright laws apply in this case, but you may need to get permission first before designing a game that is directly based on MFZ.

All in all, I hope that helps some, really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. And I'll do what I can to give you some support. :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby TheFrenchFrame » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:05 pm

KungFujiApple wrote:I really like the idea of choosing a pilot (squad leader) and then having them gain exp, lvl up, and get access to more frames. A frames stat categories are: d6Ra artillery, d6Rd mid-range, d6Rh close-range, d6B defense, d6G mobility, d6Y Spotting. Although these stat categories are for customizing frames, I can imagine it would be possible to mirror a similar customization for the squad leader.

In this way a player could choose which kind of piloting technic fits them, for Ex: they could build a squad leader whose piloting skills are higher in speed and hand-to-hand, or spotting and long range, etc, etc. Thus effecting the type of frames they prefer using, weapons, and equipment selection.

When creating a squad leader you should probably figure out first what their backround is. Are they part of the Solar Union: TTM, TEM; or Ijad; or Free Colonies, etc.
This could possibly influence the kind of frames they would have access to both in the beginning and in the advanced stages of the game. For Ex: A player who chooses an Ijad as their squad leader would have acces to certain frames that a player who chose a TEM would not, and visa versa.

TheFrenchFrame wrote:the main reason why i made this post its because i'll need your help to make this project better for everyone. How ? everything can help me , script , idea , plot for the campaing , Lore info , Concept art

There is a decent amount of lore, aside from the main storyline, throughout this site. There is even a thread on art design and concept. And even possible ideas of a MFZ Lore Book of collected stories by the community. The community is generally very giving and sharing of their ideas, concepts, designs. I cannot speak for everyone but I'm sure many would be willing to support you with their story line ideas if you ask.

Also, I am not a lawyer and am not entirely certain how copyright laws apply in this case, but you may need to get permission first before designing a game that is directly based on MFZ.

All in all, I hope that helps some, really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. And I'll do what I can to give you some support. :D

Thanks for your contribution , the next DevNote should came soon in the early day of next week. i really tough about how to make this project easier for me (Because for the moment i am alone doing all the research while trying to learn and figure out what i need for programing this game ( And it should not take that long)) and think i'll make soon a small team behind it but i can make promise for that.

For the legal part, i am not thinking about it at the moment cause i am still in the early stage of the project and its more scratch and idea put on a sheet of paper while i am learning programmation and all that stuff. i already now the creative commun policy , so for that part right now the game his really okay. the hardest thing to do his put video game mechanic to a to really complex tabletop game , going so far whit what i have done its really going it the right direction.

Also i think the best way for you guy to follow the dev processing and all the behind the scene of the project its to show it to you on some kinda stream or maybe weekly video of what i have done. Also i am going to do different post across the forum (Mostly into Art and Lore) to help me build the actual campaign.
TheFrenchFrame
Newcomer

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion