Pre-game Show Off

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Pre-game Show Off

Postby EvilGod » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:49 am

Hy all,
a post in another thread got me thinking: who do I show my frames to and how?

I love building with legos and I love looking at the result in my showcase. But I get a little bit of extra happiness, when somebody else says "nice model!" (same is true for my wargaming painting) and the enthusiasm of my wife for my hobbies is limited :lol:
I presume that many of you get the same additional happiness online, as this might be the reason why we put our stuff on flickr and in this forum.

But when I get together with my friends to play a game of MF0 (once or twice a year :( ) they hardly take a look at the builds of the other models and only look at its stats and systems. They enjoy playing the game and the enjoy the fond memories of playing with legos, but they are not big lego fans.

Do you make a pre-game show off focused on the builds? do you exchange building feedback in real life or only online?
EvilGod
Talkative

Re: Pre-game Show Off

Postby Blorf » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:30 pm

I make a point of looking at others' models and commenting before we begin, if they are original creations. But I don't try to set aside time for everyone to look at each other's frames before a game starts. If they just want to get to playing, then I'm happy to play.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Re: Pre-game Show Off

Postby Mantisking » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:08 pm

I always try and look at what people bring to the table. As we're a small, somewhat stable gaming group, generally the only real change is what I'm bringing to the table that day. I will say there's quite a visceral difference between looking at people's creations online and seeing them in person. Seeing Blorf's builds in person was really neat when he visited my neck of the woods.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion