Compilation of Frame Instructions 2017 version

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Re: Compilation of Frame Instructions 2017 version

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:46 pm

First official version!

Remember, if your frame isn't here yet, be patient, it will be on one of the next versions.

Special thanks to Phayze, who did all of Blorf's frames, except the Deadbolt, and also his own frames.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby phayze81 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:55 pm

Glad to be of help! ^^ This thing looks super cool, and I'm proud to be a part of it.
phayze81
Chatty

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:10 am

phayze81 wrote:Glad to be of help! ^^ This thing looks super cool, and I'm proud to be a part of it.

Absolutely agree, thank you for your continuing hard work in putting it together. :)
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:35 am

WoW. Just absolutely WOW

Excellent job to VitorFaria, Phayze, Gritzan and All contributors. Thank you all EVERYONE! I can't express how much I like this new compilation, especially since it has a well balanced mix of frames that appear to the various build levels, like the simplistic Imp Hardsuit to the more advanced Mobile Core Mini.

I am anxious to see what else is to come. :D
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby CmdrRook » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:05 am

I'm having some serious issues getting my instructions to not be a terrible waste of page space. Would someone kindly look over the PUG and tell me what I'm doing wrong?
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:15 am

I wanted to add a possible suggestion for the catalog, what if the in the PDF at the end of the instructions, it has a link to the MFZ forum, or Flicker page that features that particular frame.
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby CmdrRook » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:03 am

CmdrRook wrote:I'm having some serious issues getting my instructions to not be a terrible waste of page space. Would someone kindly look over the PUG and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

AHAH! I figured out how to use submodels not like an imbecile! The instructions should be fixed, but I'll add another link here, which will also include my second submission, the Pelican MKII.

CmdrRook's Designs
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby NinjaLegendDoom » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:09 am

This is great! Thank you VitorFaria for starting this and putting everything together, and a special thanks to Artasid for the LDD of the Imp and Phayze for the LDD of the Ninja.
Erebus awaits us all...
d8Rh This is the way of the Ninja d8Rh
NinjaLegendDoom
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:10 am

Thanks for the nice words and suggestions, guys!

One thing that I forgot to mention was the renders thing, thankfully Aardvark kinda did it for me!

So, future versions will have nice individual covers for each frame. If all of you could add renders with each build would speed up my progress considerably!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby skrob » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Neat, 2 of my old builds made it in there :P

Any way I could get my quad-tank added?
skrob
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:14 pm

I wanted again to extend my compliments to the great work of all involved putting this together. :)

Another possible suggestion that I have for the catalog, in addition to having links in the PDF to the Flicker or MFZ forum of that frame:

is to have a suggested playing scale for the frame, in proportion to its size. For example would the particular frame be more accurate to play based on a 4 plate scale or 7 plate scale, etc.
KungFujiApple
Talkative

Postby phayze81 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:44 pm

skrob wrote:Neat, 2 of my old builds made it in there :P

Any way I could get my quad-tank added?

Yes! Just post a link to the LDD file. I'm almost done with my current batch of instructions that I'm working on, so I'm free for a new one.
phayze81
Chatty

Postby Mark Sakura » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:35 pm

Okay, I've been working a bunch in LDD and have got the files ready

Egg Strider (Mod of Mantisking design)
MCF-06 Gunjin
Ally
MCF-08 Shinigami
Spincrab
Spincrab Alt1
Spincrab Alt2
LCF-01 Wombat
LCF-02 Possum
Luna-Tick
Luna-Tick Alt1
Luna-Tick Alt2
Luna-Tick Alt3
Hera-Tick 1
Hera-Tick 2
Hera-Tick 3
Hera-Tick 4
Hera-Tick 5

(The following are all mods of Vitor Faria's Lockon frame)
SLM-03 "Fathead" Lockon Sigma
Fathead Alt
MCF-13 Deadlock
MCF-13B Deadlock
MCF-13C Deadlock
Deadlock C Alt

(The following are mods of Mike Escucha's Kalas frame)
Kalas Sigma
Kala Sigma Alt

For some of the files, I've done Alt versions, or multiple Alt versions, and I want to take a second to say why.

I remember, way back when I was starting out and coming out of my Dark Ages, I had a small lego collection. I remember getting the MF0 manual and finding I didn't have enough of the right parts in consistent colors to make most of the frames from the books. Part of that was because I looked at the instructions and didn't realize how I could've substituted certain parts for others. Like, I thought I needed four 2x2 dishes of the same color for the Chub's legs. Nowadays it's obvious how I could've used other pieces to make the design, 1x2 tiles, 2x2 round tiles, etc. But I think that's something that might confuse other beginners.

Take the Deadlock C:

My favorite version is the green one--but it uses a pretty rare part for the upper torso. Without including the Alt orange version, a new builder might think they can't build a Deadlock C because they don't have that part.

One suggestion: since you're going to do cover renders for each frame, maybe include the Alt versions as renders in the cover, but only include full assembly instructions for one of them--at least for the frames that are similar enough that you can figure out the differences by just looking at one picture, like with the green and orange Deadlock C's. This might also be a good idea to do for your Lockon, since that has a bajillion really good variants.

But of course, these are only suggestions. You're the boss of this project. Thanks again for taking it on.
Runaway Urashima: A short novel set in the Mobile Frame Zero universe.
Mark Sakura
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:32 am

Mark is trying to kill me again. Oh, boy.
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby EvilGod » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:45 am

wow I really love what you guys are doing here!
the previous Frame compilation got me into the game so i think this will help alot of new players.

Would it be possible to add a picture of the finished Frame to its chapter header? that way the reader does not have to scroll through the instructions to see the result and the name/frame recognition is much higher.
Sorry, if this editing advice was already given. TL/DR (see, there's a pattern :oops: )
EvilGod
Chatty

Postby NinjaLegendDoom » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:13 am

Okay, so weird question... Any chance you would like to include Vehicles as well? (Mostly asking due to some negative experiences with the WH community)

I have the Puma Combat Vehicle and the Shade hover tank I would love to include, if anyone is willing to make the LDDs (You'll be my best friennnd). I would post breakdowns for them as well.
Erebus awaits us all...
d8Rh This is the way of the Ninja d8Rh
NinjaLegendDoom
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:52 am

Answering a few general questions:

• If it moves, it's a frame. So yeah, we can have tanks, hovercraft, wheeled craft, infantry squads, hardsuits, kaiju, etc. As long as it somewhat fits into "the box" and can be feasibly fielded in a match of RA, it can be here.
  • Guys, I hate to sound condescending, but make an effort of reading the rest of the thread before commenting. Individual cover images for the frames will be included in later stages, I just need to collect enough renders.
  • About including links, scale info and other stuff. I'm sincerely not sure yet. Frankly, only after I have a solid compilation I'll even start thinking about that. Let's keep it clean for now.
  • I was initially intending to have every single frame posted here on the compilation. Yes, every single one of them. I didn't let that clear on purpose, I was intending to surprise all of you in the end. Unfortunately (or fortunately, I'm not sure), Mark has made this next to impossible. I will still try to get at least one variant of every frame, thou.
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:40 pm

VitorFaria wrote:If all of you could add renders with each build would speed up my progress considerably!

I hate to sound like an idiot, but I'm afraid I'm not quite understanding what you mean by Renders. Would someone be willing/able to explain or teach me how this is done? I'm not 100% sure at this point :oops:
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mark Sakura » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Artasid wrote:I hate to sound like an idiot, but I'm afraid I'm not quite understanding what you mean by Renders. Would someone be willing/able to explain or teach me how this is done? I'm not 100% sure at this point :oops:

A render is when you take an LDD file and run it through a program that creates a regular image of the model in the LDD file. That way digital builders can share their work on image-sharing sites. I've always taken pictures of the physical models, so I never learned exactly how to do it myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mark Sakura
Talkative

Postby Mark Sakura » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:15 pm

VitorFaria wrote:[*]I was initially intending to have every single frame posted here on the compilation. Yes, every single one of them. I didn't let that clear on purpose, I was intending to surprise all of you in the end. Unfortunately (or fortunately, I'm not sure), Mark has made this next to impossible. I will still try to get at least one variant of every frame, thou.[/list]

Heh, I thought including everything was a bit... ambitious given the output of all the MoF0's over the past couple of years. Scrap's compilation was curated for a reason. Use or discard what you want, and thanks again for putting this together. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mark Sakura
Talkative

PreviousNext

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion