What general-purpose parts do you recommend?

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

What general-purpose parts do you recommend?

Postby gaberlunzie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:03 am

So, I'm finally gonna take the big step and order lego on BrickLink. I have a hard time ordering stuff online overall, so it's kind of a big project for me mentally, and I want to not have to do it too often. However, I'm also not rich enough to spend thousands of dollars on it.

As such, I'm wondering what parts I should order. I know the Garage Kit and am gonna get it and a bunch of extra copies of the parts I think are going to be extra useful. However, there's so many lego parts, and I assume there's dozens of parts that aren't listed in the garage kit (because they happen not to be part of the original/official frame designs) that are still really useful and that you find yourself using over and over.

And that's what I'm asking for suggestions for. I enjoy building and designing the frames a lot; part of what makes me appreciate a game is being able to think about/engage with it even when not actively playing. I have a lot of old/"traditional" parts, traditional technic parts, and a handful of more modern and odd parts from a thrift shop.

Some parts seem obviously useful to me, such as bracket 99781 and handle 26047, but then again, when sorting my lego I found certain parts that seemed obviously "these are gonna be so useful", and then I just can never really get uses for them (such as plate with arm 4623 or tool holder 2516).

So, what's your favorite default parts that you can't go wrong with getting a few of? Especially interesting if they're reasonably common/cheap.

Thanks for any suggestions.
gaberlunzie
Newcomer

Re: What general-purpose parts do you recommend?

Postby Mantisking » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:37 am

There was an essential parts discussion over on the Flickr group. I'm sure there will be a lot of overlap with the Garage Kit.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Re: What general-purpose parts do you recommend?

Postby gaberlunzie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:26 pm

Thanks! That was really helpful :)
gaberlunzie
Newcomer

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion