Minimum scale to make satisfying humans?

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Minimum scale to make satisfying humans?

Postby gaberlunzie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:36 am

Was wondering about your thoughts on this. There's plenty of good-looking, even detailed 7p infantry (e.g. these). I've seen a few 6p human that looked quite good (like these.

However, with today's multitude of tiny special parts of all kinds, has anyone managed to make aesthetically acceptable humanoids at say, 5p? 4p?
gaberlunzie
Newcomer

Re: Minimum scale to make satisfying humans?

Postby Mantisking » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:15 pm

gaberlunzie wrote:However, with today's multitude of tiny special parts of all kinds, has anyone managed to make aesthetically acceptable humanoids at say, 5p? 4p?

The only person I can think of who builds at those two scales is Zeekhotep, and I can't really think of any of his microfigs that jump out at me at the moment.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby gaberlunzie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Mantisking wrote:
gaberlunzie wrote:However, with today's multitude of tiny special parts of all kinds, has anyone managed to make aesthetically acceptable humanoids at say, 5p? 4p?

The only person I can think of who builds at those two scales is Zeekhotep, and I can't really think of any of his microfigs that jump out at me at the moment.

Thanks, I've been looking at his various builds, and you're right; they don't work that well, unfortunately.

I guess I'll just have to suck it up and get enough lego for 7p :P
gaberlunzie
Newcomer

Postby CmdrRook » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:25 pm

You can absolutely play with 4p Mecha and 7p terrain, just adjust the fluff so they're more like hardsuits and powered armor than full size Mecha.
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Shades_Corvid » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:45 pm

What are you wanting to do exactly?
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby gaberlunzie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:42 am

I'm trying to establish my parameters of building, simply. I've lurked around here for months (and previously about two years ago for some months as well) but have now found my old childhood lego. As my quantities and funds are both limited, I want to keep the scale relatively small, but I still want to be able to build humans that look aesthetically pleasing (I'm not at all saying "detailed" here :P) at a distance, both for terrain purposes and as infantry. Also, I prefer small-scale simply because direct-fire range won't be as ridiculously short.

As I'm the first person I know in my social group to engage in the game, it's likely that whatever scale I choose will be used by people I play with (so far my brother has seemed very interested, and there's a few more people). Starting up I'll also likely have to provide the frames (or at least most of it) for the first few games, as I'm the one who has lego (including my siblings' pieces).
gaberlunzie
Newcomer

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:57 am

I personally think that zeek's figs are actually pretty nice.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby gaberlunzie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:08 am

VitorFaria wrote:I personally think that zeek's figs are actually pretty nice.

His frames are great, they give off a nice transformers-y vibe to me. These are his best 5p infantry (IMO), and not bad at all; I've come to like them the more I've seen pictures of them. Would be interesting to see them in action, as you look at them from far away during play. Looking at his stuff has definately given me a lot of inspiration, was more wondering if anyone had seen other things. There's so, so many tiny lego's nowadays!
gaberlunzie
Newcomer

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion