The Hangar, MF0 and you

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

The Hangar, MF0 and you

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:48 am

I have noticed that overtime, the conversation about MF0 have been slowly but steadily being removed from the Hangar and placed on other community hubs.

All of them are important and have their pros and cons, but it's imperative to remember how the Hangar, as a phpbb board, is great on the longer scale of things.

Everything here is nicely and properly indexed, by itself and by Google and other search engines, and so can be found easily by beginners and everyone else.

I know I've been somewhat annoying asking people to post here so much I have been called "Hangar police", but really, I can't stress enough how important this place is for our community, and should never be forgotten.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Re: The Hangar, MF0 and you

Postby Blorf » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:25 pm

I support this.

Unlike social media, the hangar is open to all without preconditions. There's no need to be a member to find this site. It may seem like everyone has an account there, but it isn't true. Some don't have access, some social sites aren't popular in various geographic areas, and some people simply choose not to participate in them.

Let's follow the lead of the game itself and keep the community surrounding it open.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Viper Tesla » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:36 am

I'm guilty of not posting/visiting because of #reasons*. I think one of the final nails in the coffin for my lack of activity was the death of the loved but short lived transit gate podcast. I don't have time or energy to dump out and fiddle with legos (even though I would love to) in several years. Ten years ago, I was all about the phpbb message board... now, not so much. Gone are the days of participating/running multiple Chat-based RPG rooms, Japan Hero, and others. I got old. :(

BUT!! I will try to work on more of my stuff this summer and post. Be the change you want to see in the community and all that.

*reasons include but are not limited to: grad school, costuming, chinchillas...
Viper Tesla
Chatty

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:17 am

I can understand if you have reasons not to post much.

This thread is really more oriented to the people that are active on the Facebook group, the Discord channel, etc, but never post here.

They don't seem to realize their stuff is being shared only on near-unsearchable pits of forgetfulness.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Shades_Corvid » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:30 am

VitorFaria wrote:They don't seem to realize their stuff is being shared only on near-unsearchable pits of forgetfulness.
I know exactly what I am doing!
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:40 am

Haha, this not about you either, Shades. I mean, you actually post here frequently, and even have a freaking blog! :lol:
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Shades_Corvid » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:03 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Haha, this not about you either, Shades. I mean, you actually post here frequently, and even have a freaking blog! :lol:

I am just being silly!
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:14 pm

I need to work on getting my stuff onto the hangar and not just the Discord, I am guilty of that :cry:
Also my really old stuff. I still haven't posted some Lockons from before the White Knight
Anyway, great post though! I'll try to be more active on the hangar this summer!
Check out my Flickr if you want
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion