Official LEGO "7P" Frames

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Official LEGO "7P" Frames

Postby Jay Biquadrate » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:39 pm

I was doing some sorting and organization and I came across the instructions for 4881 "Robo Platoon," the first set that I bought after my Dark Age. Since a lot of new players are interested in reducing the cost of building frames and fielding a full squad, it got me thinking about official LEGO robot or mecha sets that are roughly the right size for Mobile Frame Zero.

Here's a list of sets (sadly, all pre-2007 and not available for immediate purchase) that look to be about right for a 7P scale game. You won't find any groundbreaking techniques here, but I think a lot of these sets are a great start for a less experienced builder with a limited collection of parts or a limited budget. In addition, most of the below sets have instructions, many share pieces between them, and all have relatively low piece counts.

4881: Robo Platoon
Instructions

4416: Robo Pod
Instructions

4917: Mini Robots
Instructions

4099: Robobots
Instructions

4097: Mini Robots
Instructions

4346: Robo Pod
Instructions

also available in black

4335: Black Robot Pod
Instructions

7910: Robot
Instructions

1969: Mini Robot

7221: Robots

20001: LEGO Batbot

EDIT: Updated image links
Last edited by Jay Biquadrate on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Biquadrate
Talkative

Re: Official LEGO "7P" Frames

Postby Dukayn » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:43 pm

There are some decent little builds here. Nice find. Great formatting of the post, too.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby FlakManiak » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:45 pm

I remember seeing some of these in catalogues and such. A good list. If only Lego would come out with them again. I'll have to find other quick ways to get friends into the game. Maybe I'll pick up some Umbaran MHCs soon (which could be on this list). After all, a frame in a bag, with a bunch of alts made by the people here, many of them quite handsome, really cannot be beat. (Unless you're a BrickLink monster like I am, but we'll leave that aside because the popularity of threads about sets for parts should show me that a lot of people want to go that route and not just fiddle with atxdad's cost minimizer all day.)
FlakManiak
Been Around The Block

Postby Asphalt » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:08 pm

I remember that first set.
Asphalt
Talkative

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion