Bilaterally Symmetric Quadrupeds

Have any pesky questions about techniques, or need advice on how to build a certain section for your frame? Post them here. Tips & tricks welcome.

Bilaterally Symmetric Quadrupeds

Postby FourEyesIsAFish » Wed May 15, 2019 7:48 am

Hello!

I have a question for you. While working on my first original frame, I found trouble making it a quadruped without it being radially symmetric. In other words, the frame is supposed to look like a lizard, and I'm having trouble making the body and limbs. Any advice?
FourEyesIsAFish
Newcomer

Re: Bilaterally Symmetric Quadrupeds

Postby Atavism » Wed May 15, 2019 9:21 am

Moved

The trick is that you cannot rely on any particular part to make a leg hub like most quads. You need some sort of longish body with four attachment points for limbs.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Wed May 15, 2019 10:27 am

This is my only lizard-like creation and, it's too big to be a Frame. But Atavism is right, you need a rectangular rather than a square/round body to make something look like a lizard.

Here there be Dragons!, on Flickr.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Wed May 15, 2019 12:18 pm

It's not the greatest lizard, but here is one I did a long while back, feel free to use it to help sur ideas. Just like as Atavism stated, lizard based frames have a more elongated body shape

ImageDemon Lizard
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby FourEyesIsAFish » Wed May 15, 2019 12:59 pm

I already planned on making it long and rectangular. I just need help on some arms and legs.

The crux of the design is that the main body is separated into two halves (front and back), making a flexible back. Any suggested pieces/techniques I should use? I already have a head but I still need a tail, too.
FourEyesIsAFish
Newcomer

Postby Mantisking » Wed May 15, 2019 1:14 pm

FourEyesIsAFish wrote:I already planned on making it long and rectangular. I just need help on some arms and legs.

Okay.

FourEyesIsAFish wrote:The crux of the design is that the main body is separated into two halves (front and back), making a flexible back. Any suggested pieces/techniques I should use? I already have a head but I still need a tail, too.

This could work as a body.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Return to The Toolbox