Help with the Rainmaker Artillery weapon

Have any pesky questions about techniques, or need advice on how to build a certain section for your frame? Post them here. Tips & tricks welcome.

Help with the Rainmaker Artillery weapon

Postby Mrtyler603 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:38 pm

So I am trying to make the Rainmaker, however, for the life of me, I just cannot figure it out. If anyone could post instructions for it or a more detailed breakdown than the ones I could find, I would really appreciate it. I just cannot figure out the internals and how to put the whole thing together. I only have a vague idea of what to do.
Mrtyler603
Chatty

Re: Help with the Rainmaker Artillery weapon

Postby Mantisking » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:48 pm

There's some discussion of it here but no real breakdowns or hints.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mrtyler603 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:08 pm

Mantisking wrote:There's some discussion of it here but no real breakdowns or hints.

I see. That is too bad. Even wth the discussion, I still cannot figure it out, so i was hoping someone would have posted a full breakdown or instructions.
Mrtyler603
Chatty

Postby Artasid » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:51 pm

Mrtyler603 wrote:I see. That is too bad. Even wth the discussion, I still cannot figure it out, so i was hoping someone would have posted a full breakdown or instructions.

I have made a Lego Digital Designer file for the Rainmaker. Please note that this is NOT an exact copy as the one from the rulebook, but it is as close as I could figure it out. Also note that the LDD file would not allow me to put the 2x1 brick over the technic pins on the back of the weapon (Which is the ammo box I am guessing) so I left the brick hovering to show where it should go. I hope this helps.
Possible Rainmaker LDD
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Mrtyler603 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:02 pm

Artasid wrote:
Mrtyler603 wrote:I see. That is too bad. Even wth the discussion, I still cannot figure it out, so i was hoping someone would have posted a full breakdown or instructions.

I have made a Lego Digital Designer file for the Rainmaker. Please note that this is NOT an exact copy as the one from the rulebook, but it is as close as I could figure it out. Also note that the LDD file would not allow me to put the 2x1 brick over the technic pins on the back of the weapon (Which is the ammo box I am guessing) so I left the brick hovering to show where it should go. I hope this helps.
Possible Rainmaker LDD

Thank you. It will help me a great deal.
Mrtyler603
Chatty

Postby darksyntax » Sun May 12, 2019 12:43 am

I've tried to dupe the Rainmaker a few times, but it never seems right. Like I'm missing one connection.

I found this simple way to do a handle for a shoulder launcher. The LDD is linked off the pic on Flickr.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Soren » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:59 pm

For the record, I hate that stupid name. J chose it, as well as choosing to have the weapon included (I wasn't consulted on either point; nor was I asked what the weapons were; several were mislabelled. Keep this in mind the next time you hear him rant on Twitter about respecting artists).

I could probably puzzle it back out from memory and show you guys; keep in mind that like a lot of the stuff that got dragooned for the rulebook, it was never intended as anything but a personal display piece.
I worked on the setting and mecha design, but my opinions are personal. I am not the fun police.
See more stuff I've made: The Mobile Frame Errata|Flickr Gallery
"People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations."
Soren
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby Mantisking » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:15 pm

Mantisking
Mod Team

Return to The Toolbox