Frame Sized Veritechs

Have any pesky questions about techniques, or need advice on how to build a certain section for your frame? Post them here. Tips & tricks welcome.

Frame Sized Veritechs

Postby VF1S » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi All,

Would anyone have instructions for Frame sized non-transformable Veritechs in Battloid mode? If you can include instructions for the heads of the VF1S, VF1A, VF1D, and VFJ that would be super awesome!!!
This Battletech thing is so exciting I just couldn't give it up. It gets in your blood or something; I don't know.
VF1S
Young Gun

Re: Frame Sized Veritechs

Postby Artasid » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:59 pm

This thread might be a good starting point. Not sure about the different head designs, but its a nice place to get an idea for the body.

VF-9R Sterling
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:10 pm

This was at least partially a VF homage:

ImageThe Reseen - Extended Frame by Vitor Faria, no Flickr
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby VF1S » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:09 am

Instructions please!?! That is a nice rendering of a Battloid.
This Battletech thing is so exciting I just couldn't give it up. It gets in your blood or something; I don't know.
VF1S
Young Gun

Postby VF1S » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:25 am

Hi VitorFaria, I figured out everything on the frame with the exception of the jump jets. Any chance you would have an LDD for this Frame? Could I also use your Frame's skeletal for future Frames I build?
VF1S
Young Gun

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:52 am

As I said on Flickr, I don't a LDD file, but I can take a breakdown picture if you wish.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby VF1S » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:43 am

That would make my day! Thank you! Could I also get one for the Locust too, pretty please?
VF1S
Young Gun

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:50 am

Actually, I do have a file for the Locust.
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby VF1S » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:00 pm

Thank you so much!!! I will be waiting for the Breakdown of The Reseen - Extended Frame.
VF1S
Young Gun

Postby Luke_BMM » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:40 pm

The jets in the back are definitely a bit off, but I tried making an LDD that I think is pretty close otherwise.

Also, regarding the Sterling mentioned earlier, I also reused the body to make the Wasp, Stinger, Phoenix Hawk, and Valkyrie in the 3025 project.

{ edit: } I just looked in the original Reseen thread and found a shot of the back that I had completely forgotten about. I've updated the LDD file accordingly. { /edit }
Last edited by Luke_BMM on Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:02 pm

Luke_BMM wrote:{ edit: } I just looked in the original Reseen thread and now I can see that there's a good shot of the back. I had completely forgotten about it. I'll update the LDD file accordingly. { /edit }

You mean, this one?

ImageThe Reseen - Extended Frame by Vitor Faria, no Flickr
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby VF1S » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Thanks to everyone for being a welcoming and friendly forum. I am only able to build my Frames in LDD or Stud.io until I can get my hands on some Lego from Bricklink. I am chomping at the bit to play my first game of MFZ. I will look at the file for the Reseen tonight when I get home and modify what I built in LDD. I actually have LDD on hundreds of Battlemechs if anyone is interested. I am going to work to take the models that have a cockpit and miniaturize them for MFZ. I want to build the Victor next.
VF1S
Young Gun

Postby VF1S » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:43 pm

Hi VitorFaria, I remodeled the Reseen in Skull One fashion VF1S Style.

Front View
ImageVF1S[3] by VF1S -, on Flickr

Back View
ImageVF1S[4] by VF1S -, on Flickr

I hope you didn't mind me making the changes I did make. Thank you for making a great Frame to begin with!!!
Last edited by VF1S on Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
VF1S
Young Gun

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:33 am

Unfortunately I won't be able to deliver my promised breakdown pic as my phone broke this weekend. :(

But frankly, you don't seem to need it anymore, your version rocks my socks! Excellent work!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby VF1S » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:55 am

Thanks so much! I am really getting my creative juices flowing. You started it!
VF1S
Young Gun

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:34 pm

You're welcome!

You actually inspired me to play with my own version once again, one thing that always bugged me was how annoying posing this thing was, since the chest plate extended beyond the hips, I found an interesting compromise between looks and handiness swapping the full smooth slope look with an inverted old school slope that is actually connected to the hips.

Also, I added similar leg vents as you did!

ImageThe Reseen - Extended Frame - Updated by Vitor Faria, no Flickr
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby VF1S » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:40 am

Nice Update!!! You are very welcome for the inspiration! I will try to modify my version to match yours. What are the part #'s of the pieces you updated the Reseen with?
VF1S
Young Gun

Postby Mantisking » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:03 pm

Super Gundam Mecha, on Flickr.

I built this a loooooooong time ago, and while it's called a "Super Gundam" it's really more of a Veritech.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby VF1S » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:06 pm

Nice build Mantisking!!! I can see the Veritech in it.
VF1S
Young Gun

Return to The Toolbox