Hanger 02 Size Box

Have any pesky questions about techniques, or need advice on how to build a certain section for your frame? Post them here. Tips & tricks welcome.

Hanger 02 Size Box

Postby Artasid » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:13 pm

I am really, really, REALLY pleased with myself. For the longest time I have always used a Standard Chub in order to determine the size of a frame build. Sometimes they would be too small or too big and I would adjust them accordingly. I have even posted builds with a Standard Chub nearby to give it a sizing scale.

Well, NO LONGER!!! :twisted:

Because I have FINALLY built my own Sizing Box! I was inspired to finally get off my lazy butt and build one after seeing spacemonkey's recent post in Sketches in ABS. Granted it is not as good as many other Sizing Boxes we have seen. I admit that I am not that skilled in bricking stations, terrain, landscapes and buildings, so this was a huge jump out of my comfort zone and I am rather excited by the result!
EDIT, it is scaled at 10x10x12 (10 studs width, 10 studs length, 12 bricks height)

ImageHanger 02 Size Box

Gosh that looks empty :( Maybe we should fill it...

ImageHanger 02 with Chub
ImageHanger 02 with Osprey Advanced
ImageHanger 02 with Pit Crew

Special Shout-Out to The Hydromancer. The Osprey Advanced in the photos here were based off his ST-10 Osprey CM (Chubdam Mass-Production) Update thread.
Hope you all enjoyed and as always I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Hanger 02 Size Box

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:43 pm

That's a pretty cool box, Artasid, whoever, in my book, they don't replace a Standard Measuring Chub at all.

Chubs are super useful as a standard and mean, while the box is more like an outer limit reminder.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:12 pm

VitorFaria wrote:That's a pretty cool box, Artasid, whoever, in my book, they don't replace a Standard Measuring Chub at all.

Chubs are super useful as a standard and mean, while the box is more like an outer limit reminder.

Thank you VitorFaria, I am happy about the box. And you need not worry. I'll be keeping the Standard Chub, I just won't have it as a standby in future frame pics as often, though it will still appear from time to time ;)
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby spacemonkey » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:27 pm

That's a solid sizing box, Artasid, and I like that manlift you put in the last shot.
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:23 am

I think this would be the proper place for a topic like this.

I like the color choices you made. Nice job.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:12 pm

Mantisking wrote:I think this would be the proper place for a topic like this....

My mistake, thank you for correcting it. The last size box thread I saw was located in the General Discussion area and I believed that was where I was to post this. Again, thank you for placing this in the correct location Mantisking.

spacemonkey wrote:That's a solid sizing box, Artasid, and I like that manlift you put in the last shot.

The manlift was a small build I did a VERY long time ago but I did not want to take it apart, so it had been sitting on the shelf until its needed for a pic

Mantisking wrote:I like the color choices you made. Nice job.

The color choice, at least for the base and floor were actually taken from the Grid display stand from set 21314 LEGO Tron Light Bike. At first I wanted to mimic the walls to match the floor, but lack of correct color pieces forced me to use what I had on hand. I am happy how the 02 turned out. It was my fist try at something like that.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:38 pm

Mantisking wrote:I think this would be the proper place for a topic like this....
Artasid wrote:My mistake, thank you for correcting it. The last size box thread I saw was located in the General Discussion area and I believed that was where I was to post this. Again, thank you for placing this in the correct location Mantisking.

Don't think of it as a mistake. It's more a case of the evolution of "where things belong" in the context of site moderation. Sizing boxes are a technique to help people with building Frames and techniques go in The Toolbox. Simple as that.

Mantisking wrote:I like the color choices you made. Nice job.
Artasid wrote:The color choice, at least for the base and floor were actually taken from the Grid display stand from set 21314 LEGO Tron Light Bike. At first I wanted to mimic the walls to match the floor, but lack of correct color pieces forced me to use what I had on hand. I am happy how the 02 turned out. It was my fist try at something like that.

Nice to know. I didn't even think of the Tron set.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Return to The Toolbox