Looking for a part that isn't in bricklink yet in blue

Have any pesky questions about techniques, or need advice on how to build a certain section for your frame? Post them here. Tips & tricks welcome.

Looking for a part that isn't in bricklink yet in blue

Postby ohako » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:52 pm

Hi there,

I put together something cool for Intercept Orbit using a couple of 4x4 wedge plates in dark bley. I ordered all the parts I'd need in the right colors, but when they show up my wedge plates are weird. It turns out, my original plates are weird!

Here's the 3D model of the wedge plate, according to bricklink: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=43719&tab=V

Here's a picture of a wedge plate like the one I'm using (someone used glue on this one, which is why I have it handy). Image

Aside from bricklink catalog wackiness, does anyone out there have a 4x4 wedge plate in blue with the little crossbor/flange thing that lets you make 1-dot connections to the plate's tips that they'd be willing to part with? Thank you.
ohako
Newcomer

Re: Looking for a part that isn't in bricklink yet in blue

Postby Blorf » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:51 pm

What brand is it?
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Valtarshol » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:20 pm

Blorf wrote:What brand is it?

Lego does actually make these, I have a lot of them in greys. It's one of those weird a/b minute difference parts they make, where you never notice its different until it's actually relevant.
Valtarshol
Been Around The Block

Postby Mrtyler603 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:02 pm

I believe this set has what you're looking for https://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Carnage-s-SHIELD-Sky-Attack-76036
Mrtyler603
Young Gun

Postby ohako » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:33 pm

Mrtyler603 wrote:I believe this set has what you're looking for https://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Carnage-s-SHIELD-Sky-Attack-76036

In dark blue, yes. I'm looking for the piece in 'Benny Spaceman' blue. Thanks though.
ohako
Newcomer

Postby Mantisking » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:37 pm

Mrtyler603 wrote:I believe this set has what you're looking for https://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Carnage-s-SHIELD-Sky-Attack-76036
ohako wrote:In dark blue, yes. I'm looking for the piece in 'Benny Spaceman' blue. Thanks though.

The last time that part was made in "Benny Spaceman Blue" was ten years ago.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:12 pm

Valtarshol wrote:Lego does actually make these, I have a lot of them in greys. It's one of those weird a/b minute difference parts they make, where you never notice its different until it's actually relevant.

Sure. I'm pretty sure I've even seen/have some. But I still think the question was relevant.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby ohako » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:40 pm

Ah, okay, so I went with the piece in dark blue. It works well enough, I guess. I'll keep my eyes open if they ever go back into that color in a big way.
ohako
Newcomer

Return to The Toolbox