Looking for C & C to finish a Frigate

Have any pesky questions about techniques, or need advice on how to build a certain section for your frame? Post them here. Tips & tricks welcome.

Looking for C & C to finish a Frigate

Postby Grass4hopper » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:00 pm

I built most of a Frigate for Intercept Orbit. I really like the shaping, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do to finish the front center of the ship. I welcome any and all advice
ImageZepher by Grass4hopper, on Flickr
ImageZepher 2 by Grass4hopper, on Flickr
ImageZepher 3 by Grass4hopper, on Flickr
ImageZepher 4 by Grass4hopper, on Flickr
ImageZepher 5 by Grass4hopper, on Flickr
gusindor wrote:If you're on a planet that's home to huge amounts of small friendly energetic creatures, you might use hamster wheels.
Grass4hopper
Been Around The Block

Re: Looking for C & C to finish a Frigate

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:27 pm

I feel like you need something that screams bridge or something. Perhaps four clear/smokey clear cheese wedges making a point?
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Grass4hopper » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:23 pm

Shades_Corvid wrote:I feel like you need something that screams bridge or something. Perhaps four clear/smokey clear cheese wedges making a point?

I tried your suggestion, but it just didn't look right.

i made it a little longer, but it still the same shape. C&C appreciated.
ImageHelp by Grass4hopper, on Flickr
gusindor wrote:If you're on a planet that's home to huge amounts of small friendly energetic creatures, you might use hamster wheels.
Grass4hopper
Been Around The Block

Postby Mantisking » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:54 pm

How about adding something along the vertical axis, like a conning tower?
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Grass4hopper » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:35 pm

Mantisking wrote:How about adding something along the vertical axis, like a conning tower?

How does this look? I'm still not sure about it?, It'd frustating because I feel like there's potential for an awesome ship, but I can't seem to finish it.
Image1 by Grass4hopper, on Flickr
Grass4hopper
Been Around The Block

Postby Mantisking » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:53 pm

Mantisking wrote:How about adding something along the vertical axis, like a conning tower?
Grass4hopper wrote:How does this look? I'm still not sure about it?, It'd frustating because I feel like there's potential for an awesome ship, but I can't seem to finish it.
Image1 by Grass4hopper, on Flickr

Remove the center engine and the rounded piece under the conning tower. Make the center section out of all square and angular pieces, nothing rounded. This will keep it distinct from the outside weapon/engine pods.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Grass4hopper » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Mantisking wrote:Remove the center engine and the rounded piece under the conning tower. Make the center section out of all square and angular pieces, nothing rounded. This will keep it distinct from the outside weapon/engine pods.

Thanks you all for the advice. I might make a few minor changes, but I think I have the design down. I tried to attach the LDD file, but it's not letting me. if anyone is interested I can provide a breakdown.
ImageZepher Frigate by Grass4hopper, on Flickr
Grass4hopper
Been Around The Block

Return to The Toolbox