Determining Pieces

Have any pesky questions about techniques, or need advice on how to build a certain section for your frame? Post them here. Tips & tricks welcome.

Determining Pieces

Postby L00tZombie » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:49 pm

Hello all, I am new to the game and am looking at building 2 companies. I have some ideas for what I want to build but I just can't seem to figure out which pieces I need. Every instruction I look at has looked similar to this.

My question is how do I tell what pieces these are? is there a list with numbers? I just want to be able to purchase what I need. Thanks.
L00tZombie
Newcomer

Re: Determining Pieces

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Welcome to the hangar! First and foremost.

You can search for each one and save their designations on bricklink, with some patience.

I'm pretty sure someone already posted something similar on the hangar, thou. I'll try to search it too.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:21 pm

Try these.

http://the-mobile-frame-garage.blogspot ... -list.html
More visual, easier to follow.

http://mobileframezero.wikia.com/wiki/MF0_Garage_Kit
Gets you closer to actually buying stuff.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby L00tZombie » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:24 pm

VitorFaria wrote:You can search for each one and save their designations on bricklink, with some patience.

Thank you for the welcome and the response! I think I see what you're saying. I have tried searching out the pieces based on look but have been unable to get very far. There are just so many pieces. Am I missing something or is it just a matter of patience?
L00tZombie
Newcomer

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:27 pm

L00tZombie wrote:Thank you for the welcome and the response! I think I see what you're saying. I have tried searching out the pieces based on look but have been unable to get very far. There are just so many pieces. Am I missing something or is it just a matter of patience?

It takes a while to learn the terms used by Lego, Bricklink, and others for the individual pieces. Don't be disheartened if it all seems a little confusing. Just be patient while searching for pieces and try not to get frustrated.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby kingodacheez » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:37 pm

Welcome aboard, LOOtZombie!
The method I use when a particular piece cannot be found is to scan through http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Star-Wars for the set that contains the piece in order to obtain the LEGO set number. Star Wars was just the one I had saved in my bookmarks.
After that, I go to the wanted section of BrickLink and find the set in the Catalog Info.
The parts list becomes available by clicking on "185 Parts"(random part count) option listed in blue under the "Item Consists Of" column.
BrickLink can be a bit tricky at first, but is well worth the navigation time to get exactly the part(s) and quantity you want for the lowest prices.
Hope this helps!
kingodacheez
Young Gun

Return to The Toolbox