Polybags to buy on a budget?

Have any pesky questions about techniques, or need advice on how to build a certain section for your frame? Post them here. Tips & tricks welcome.

Polybags to buy on a budget?

Postby attackowl » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:12 pm

I'm on a budget and I want to buy some polybags for a frame company. I shop at Walmart, btw. Which ones should I buy?
Note: I want to build the Landscript or an Ijad frame.
"To the glory of Starlight Company and the Solar Union!" -Toast of Sgt. Santi Nogales, KIA
attackowl
Newcomer

Re: Polybags to buy on a budget?

Postby Artasid » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:25 pm

As someone who's purchased a LOT of Polybags, my personal choice would be Batman in the Phantom zone. It has 2 travis bricks, 2 headlight bricks, and tons of clips and robo claws, which are generally essential for Frame builds. Another good choice, in my opinion would be the Ninjago Quake Mech. It also has some good parts, but as a bonus, it's practically a full frame, with systems, in a bag.
As for building Landscripts or Ijad frames, I'm not sure if any of these sets will give you the right parts, but hopefully its a start. (Although I have built some Ijad style frames using multiples of the Phantom Zone polybags:
Kuna Battlegroup
Blood Brothers
MagnaRusts

Hope these help
Last edited by Artasid on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:27 pm

attackowl wrote:I'm on a budget and I want to buy some polybags for a frame company. I shop at Walmart, btw. Which ones should I buy?
Note: I want to build the Landscript or an Ijad frame.

There are blogs that may help you.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Shades_Corvid » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:23 am

Polybags are the budget purchases but they are sometimes like hunting out of season sometimes. Just try to keep your ratios good and any set you buy will generally be alright.
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:32 am

Speaking of my blog -- :-) -- I've been experimenting with the Double Set Challenge lately.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby attackowl » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:24 pm

Artasid wrote:As someone who's purchased a LOT of Polybags, my personal choice would be Batman in the Phantom zone. It has 2 travis bricks, 2 headlight bricks, and tons of clips and robo claws, which are generally essential for Frame builds. Another good choice, in my opinion would be the Ninjago Quake Mech. It also has some good parts, but as a bonus, it's practically a full frame, with systems, in a bag.
As for building Landscripts or Ijad frames, I'm not sure if any of these sets will give you the right parts, but hopefully its a start. (Although I have built some Ijad style frames using multiples of the Phantom Zone polybags:
Kuna Battlegroup
Blood Brothers
MagnaRusts

Hope these help

I have the Quake mech built. And I almost bought the Batman In the Phantom Zone.
"To the glory of Starlight Company and the Solar Union!" -Toast of Sgt. Santi Nogales, KIA
attackowl
Newcomer

Return to The Toolbox