Magic Folding Fidget Lego Cube Frigates

This forum is for any Intercept Orbit creations.

Magic Folding Fidget Lego Cube Frigates

Postby Artasid » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:43 am

Very recently (like 2 nights ago or sooner lol) I was searching online for some ideas for frigate and capitol ship ideas, when I happened upon NilsoBrix's page of Magic Folding Lego Cubes. In the post he/she stated that in an unfolded position, the item resembles a vehicle of some sort and has made several, including one to look like a Borg Cube from Star Trek. Inspired by this idea, I made some to experiment with. While the infinite folding is unique and can help with stress and anxieity, I looked at each folded position and attempt to make a none folding vessel out of that position. Currenty, I have created 2, but I do plan on making more. Please note that the vessels (the Red and Brown in the following pic) do NOT fold.

ImageMagic Folding Fidget Cube Frigates.
Red: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Multiple Assault Turrets, d6B Armor Plates, d6G Frigate Engines
Black: Borg Cube replicant, no systems
White: Unfolded Cube Frigate, no systems
Brown: d6Ra d6Ra Support Muzzle, 1d6K Catapult with Company, d6Y Radar Tower, d6G Frigate Engines.

I do plan on making more and experimenting with the folding cubes. Until then, please visit the site I found
http://brix.nilso.eu/?cat=13
Which Also includes a LDD file link to build your own Magic Folding Cube.
I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Re: Magic Folding Fidget Lego Cube Frigates

Postby SamSam » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:21 pm

dose foldig affect the play of game? might not bee good ide with all that folds are distorting.
SamSam
Talkative

Re: Magic Folding Fidget Lego Cube Frigates

Postby Artasid » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:32 pm

SamSam wrote:dose foldig affect the play of game? might not bee good ide with all that folds are distorting.

The ships I built for actual gameplay do not fold so that is not an issue. As for the folding itself, it does not effect gameplay as far as I know.

I have altered one of my folding cube frigates to include systems should I ever be persuaded to use a foldable one for a game. Again, as far as I know, folding does nothing to effect gameplay. At this point, it is merely a gimmick

ImageFoldable Frigate
Foldable Frigate: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Multiple Assault Turrets, d6Y Antenna, d6G Frigate Engines.

And before anyone asked, I have made it so that you can rotate the turrets into the body of the ship (and the antenna) so that it can fold without any obstuctions
ImageFolded Frigate Left

ImageFolded Frigate Right

This way, you have a means of stress release when (or IF) this vessel gets destroyed in game. :lol: Trust me, nothing infuriates me more than when over 100 imaginary crewmen loose their lives in the Legoverse. j/k

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Return to Intercept Orbit