Ottawa, ON - Mobile Frame Zero at CanGames 2016

Find games in North American countries.

Ottawa, ON - Mobile Frame Zero at CanGames 2016

Postby CADmonkey » Mon May 16, 2016 4:38 pm

Darcy B. and I will be running a MF0:RA demo table at CanGames this weekend at the Rideau Curling Club here in Ottawa.

CanGames is Canada's longest running tabletop gaming convention, held every Victoria Day long weekend in the historic Rideau Curling Club in downtown Ottawa. The demo table will be open on Saturday and Sunday. Frames, dice and everything needed for play will be provided. Preregistration won't be necessary, just drop by and play!

Hope to see some of you there! :D
CADmonkey
MoF0#78
Collection:
The Bright Seraphim MF0: Rapid Attack
Demo Teams MF0: Rapid Attack
Yo Dawg, I Heard You Like Mecha: Tumblr; G+
CADmonkey
Talkative

Re: Ottawa, ON - Mobile Frame Zero at CanGames 2016

Postby eizoga » Thu May 19, 2016 8:50 am

So awesome!!!!
Will be coming by with my 7 year old on Sunday - I've been dying to play again after the demo I played at CGExpo.
Would it be alright if we bring our own frames? We've been building avidly since we found out about MF0. I've got a company built I'd like to try out, see how it stands up to the rigours of play.
eizoga
Young Gun

Postby CADmonkey » Sat May 21, 2016 10:41 pm

eizoga wrote:So awesome!!!!
Will be coming by with my 7 year old on Sunday - I've been dying to play again after the demo I played at CGExpo.
Would it be alright if we bring our own frames? We've been building avidly since we found out about MF0. I've got a company built I'd like to try out, see how it stands up to the rigours of play.

Hi eizoga, sorry I didn't respond earlier, too many distractions recently.

Yes, you can bring your own frames, I'd love to see them. The demo table will be open 2pm-6pm, though I'll be around earlier. When will you be there?
CADmonkey
MoF0#78
Collection:
CADmonkey
Talkative

Postby eizoga » Sun May 22, 2016 9:48 am

No problem CADmonkey - life is busy!
I hope you had a decent turn out yesterday - we're pretty excited about playing today. My original plan was to play at 9 this morning, but since it's going to be later we got our tickets and reserved spots. We'll drop back in at 1:30, take a look around.

Thanks for letting us try it out with our frames - my son's pretty excited about that :D
See you soon!
eizoga
Young Gun

Postby CADmonkey » Mon May 23, 2016 4:44 pm

Well it was great seeing you & your son eizoga, hope to see you next month!
CADmonkey
MoF0#78
Collection:
CADmonkey
Talkative

Postby eizoga » Mon May 30, 2016 8:55 pm

CADmonkey wrote:Well it was great seeing you & your son eizoga, hope to see you next month!

Thanks CADmonkey! It was really great to meet you, and you have a great demo set up. Was super glad we had a 4 player demo for the first round, and I appreciate your patience with my little man. He really dug the whole thing, and asked when we were playing again 8-)

BTW the highlight for him was trying out your sets of frames :lol:
Last edited by eizoga on Mon May 30, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eizoga
Young Gun

Postby eizoga » Mon May 30, 2016 9:03 pm

Here are a few images from the first game - we had enough to do a 4 player demo - which was nice for me since I'd already done a 2 player game. My son and I did a second round just me and him, which he won ;)

Had my melee frame activated first by my opponent - which led me to swing in behind his frame, and then resulted in a sandwich!
Lost all but my two whites, which included my giant golden katana - :cry:

Managed to pull him out as the bright seraphim made a hard play for the cottage. Got lucky and made up for some seriously bad roles with an ultra lucky double 6's to tie the whole game up. 8-)
The two takeaways were 1- nice not to have my son team up with me and still try to take me out, and 2- so far my frame designs work well enough on the table, no falls and easy to take current systems off.
eizoga
Young Gun

Return to North America