US - Central MA

Find games in North American countries.

Re: US - Central MA

Postby Scrape » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:41 pm

Mantisking wrote:
Scrape wrote:Also, I'll be hosting MFZ at Jiffycon at Hampshire College on the 21st of this month if anyone wants to make a gaming trip! We've got two tables lined up and it'd be awesome to fill them!

I'll have to see if I can make it.

We've changed our next meeting at the Whiz to the 29th of June.

You should totally make the trip! It'd be awesome to fill two tables, especially with some people who know the rules and can help new players!
Scrape
Been Around The Block

Postby Mantisking » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:45 am

One more week!
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:52 pm

Tomorrow!
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:16 am

We managed to get in two games of "blitz" RA -- using the demo rules instead of the normal ones -- and a full game of IO on Sunday. I took pictures and Tom took notes so hopefully I'll be posting a battle report soon. We had several people ask questions during the day and at least one person interested in learning how to play. We're still checking schedules to see when we can play in July. The only day that has been ruled out is Sunday the 13th due to a Magic event.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:34 pm

Checking the Whiz's calendar, there's a Heroclix event at noon on the 6th and a Star Trek Attack Wing event at noon on the 20th. Which basically leaves us with the 27th.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:38 pm

Just to let people know, it looks like we're on for the 27th at 1pm.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby FlakManiak » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:32 pm

Sunday the 27th? I'll see what I can do. (As you may know, I'm in Lexington.) Westborough, right? I check game finder on a lark and I actually find an event in the near future... Amazing.

Oh also, if I do manage to make it, I can bring various companies. Any particular ones I should bring? I also have some terrain.
FlakManiak
Been Around The Block

Postby Mantisking » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:46 pm

FlakManiak wrote:Sunday the 27th? I'll see what I can do. (As you may know, I'm in Lexington.) Westborough, right? I check game finder on a lark and I actually find an event in the near future... Amazing.

How close are you to Maynard? A new comic and game store opened up there with gaming tables. It's on the corner of Rt.62 and Rt.27, and it's called Excelsior.

FlakManiak wrote:Oh also, if I do manage to make it, I can bring various companies. Any particular ones I should bring? I also have some terrain.

We were planning on playing a game of Intercept Orbit without Frame Companies. We may have time afterwards for a game of Blitz Rapid Attack.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby FlakManiak » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:51 am

Oh, IO? Not sure how keen I am in that case.

Also, by demo rules, do you mean the "two frames per person, one station" thing? If so... I could bring frames for an all-flyers demo game, now that I have four flying companies. Two black and white guys, two purple guys, two orange winged Chubs, two of my... Newest guys. I figure people would find an all-flyers demo pretty hype.
FlakManiak
Been Around The Block

Postby Mantisking » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:31 am

FlakManiak wrote:Oh, IO? Not sure how keen I am in that case.

Nothing has been nailed down at the moment.

FlakManiak wrote:Also, by demo rules, do you mean the "two frames per person, one station" thing? If so... I could bring frames for an all-flyers demo game, now that I have four flying companies. Two black and white guys, two purple guys, two orange winged Chubs, two of my... Newest guys. I figure people would find an all-flyers demo pretty hype.

We all have our own frames.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Luke_BMM » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Mantisking wrote:... We were planning on playing a game of Intercept Orbit without Frame Companies. We may have time afterwards for a game of Blitz Rapid Attack.

I just cross-posted this over in the IO Rules forum with a few questions. I figured that might be the right place and most people wouldn't see it in this thread.

As far as the 27th goes, I'd like to stop by, but I'm sadly unlikely because of reasons.
Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:44 am

Mantisking wrote:... We were planning on playing a game of Intercept Orbit without Frame Companies. We may have time afterwards for a game of Blitz Rapid Attack.
Luke_BMM wrote:I just cross-posted this over in the IO Rules forum with a few questions. I figured that might be the right place and most people wouldn't see it in this thread.

Fair enough, I answered over there.

Luke_BMM wrote:As far as the 27th goes, I'd like to stop by, but I'm sadly unlikely because of reasons.

You're in the Massachusetts area?
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Luke_BMM » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:36 pm

In Boston, yeah. I don't make it outside of the 128 loop too often, but I'm still interested and have been lurking in this thread for a while.
Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Luke_BMM wrote:In Boston, yeah. I don't make it outside of the 128 loop too often, but I'm still interested and have been lurking in this thread for a while.

One of the guys in our group lives in Cambridge, and we've discussed potentially meeting at his place at some point.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby FlakManiak » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:15 am

Cambridge, you say? Reachable by T? Sounds great to me!
FlakManiak
Been Around The Block

Postby Mantisking » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 am

July is in the books and we're thinking about August. Right now I'm unavailable the first two weeks and Tom's schedule is uncertain. So everything is up for grabs.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:44 am

Mantisking wrote:July is in the books and we're thinking about August. Right now I'm unavailable the first two weeks and Tom's schedule is uncertain. So everything is up for grabs.

We're also looking into playing in Cambridge as opposed to Westborough. So maybe more of you can join us. :mrgreen:
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Luke_BMM » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:07 pm

My inherent laziness and the #1 bus imply that this is a possibility.
Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block

Postby Mantisking » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:21 am

Okay, at the moment the Cambridge location has fallen through. We're tentatively scheduling for August 24th at the Whiz again.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:30 am

Tom, Grafvonbarnez, and I got in a game of IO at the Whiz on Sunday. I'm out for the entire month of September, but if someone else wants to organize a game, feel free.
Mantisking
Mod Team

PreviousNext

Return to North America