US - Central MA

Find games in North American countries.

US - Central MA

Postby grafvonbarnez » Wed May 07, 2014 11:22 pm

With the release of the new :IO playtest docs, I'm eager to get some games in. Would anyone in MA be interested? I'm in Worcester right now, but it's a pretty small state.
grafvonbarnez
Chatty

Re: US - Central MA

Postby Mantisking » Thu May 08, 2014 6:12 am

I'm in Natick. I know two other players.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Cheeso » Thu May 08, 2014 2:47 pm

I'm over in Chelmsford, and may be down for a game.
Cheeso
Newcomer

Postby Mantisking » Thu May 08, 2014 4:28 pm

When do people want to get together?
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby grafvonbarnez » Thu May 08, 2014 9:27 pm

I'm only really available on weekends, possibly including Friday afternoons depending on what shift I'm working. I'm not too busy on pretty much any weekend. If you have a date that works for you I can likely be available.
grafvonbarnez
Chatty

Postby Mantisking » Fri May 09, 2014 1:50 pm

grafvonbarnez wrote:I'm only really available on weekends, possibly including Friday afternoons depending on what shift I'm working. I'm not too busy on pretty much any weekend. If you have a date that works for you I can likely be available.

Fridays are bad for me but, weekends are good. How does the weekend of the 17th & 18th of this month look for people?
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby grafvonbarnez » Sat May 10, 2014 7:13 am

That works for me! I'll have to see if I'm working Saturday morning, but I'm usually out by 10-11ish, and I'm free all Sunday regardless.

Is there a venue anyone would prefer? I just finished school, so I'm unfortunately between apartments at the moment or I'd offer up my place. There's a fine little game store on route 9 in Westborough that's always got some free tables, but if you've got somewhere closer to you in mind I'd not be averse to traveling.

Looking forward to it!
grafvonbarnez
Chatty

Postby Mantisking » Wed May 14, 2014 7:22 pm

grafvonbarnez wrote:There's a fine little game store on route 9 in Westborough that's always got some free tables, but if you've got somewhere closer to you in mind I'd not be averse to traveling.

So I stopped in there today to check on the procedure for the tables. There's a Magic event happening at Noon Saturday, the a Yu-Gi-Oh one right after it. We may not be able to get a table. Here's the schedule for this month.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby grafvonbarnez » Thu May 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Hmmm... They usually run card games at the back tables. There's at least one in the front and one upstairs, though it will be standing only. I could try to get there early on Saturday to secure it, but if they need it for the events we'll still be out of luck. Want to take our chances? Or just reschedule?
grafvonbarnez
Chatty

Postby Mantisking » Thu May 15, 2014 9:12 pm

grafvonbarnez wrote:Hmmm... They usually run card games at the back tables. There's at least one in the front and one upstairs, though it will be standing only. I could try to get there early on Saturday to secure it, but if they need it for the events we'll still be out of luck. Want to take our chances? Or just reschedule?

I think reschedule.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby grafvonbarnez » Thu May 22, 2014 3:45 pm

Interested in another try? I'm not free this weekend, but next weekend is open.
grafvonbarnez
Chatty

Postby Mantisking » Fri May 23, 2014 2:14 pm

grafvonbarnez wrote:Interested in another try? I'm not free this weekend, but next weekend is open.

Sure. I'll try to kick around an e-mail tonight when I get home.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Fri May 30, 2014 9:05 am

Okay, for those of you not playing along at home, we've decided on this Sunday (6/1/14). We'll be going in as soon as the Whiz opens at Noon. Current attendees are Grafvonbarnez, Tom, myself, and a friend of mine. We're planning on playing Intercept Orbit. If you're in the area and want to join in, let us know.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Sat May 31, 2014 5:37 pm

Tomorrow!
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:59 pm

So myself, Tom, Grafvonbarnez, and Stevenik played a game of Intercept Orbit today. Grafvonbarnes pulled out the win on the third and last turn. I should be posting a battle report sometime this week. We're planning on meeting again on June 22nd at the same time and location if anyone else would like to join us.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Scrape » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:51 pm

I'm in Western Mass (Northampton, actually) and may be down for the occasional game within an hour's drive if need be. I've got a house that could maybe host if I can convince my wife, but I've also got an amazing game store, Modern Myths, with a sweet game space upstairs and away from the retail floor. I've been considering a big MFZ event there, maybe even regular monthly or bimonthly games.

Right now we've got three steady regular players and 2-3 more "part-timers." A full league would be cool.

Modern Myths' site is here: http://modern-myths.com/ if you're curious. Their upstairs game space is pretty big with a lot of tables and the whole place is professional, clean, and one of the best FLGS I've ever seen.
Scrape
Been Around The Block

Postby grafvonbarnez » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:50 am

I'd certainly be down for a game out that way. I can't speak for the more eastern members, but Northampton's not too much of a drive for me.

Any idea when you'd want to play? We've got our next game at the Whiz on the 22nd, but most of my weekends are free.
grafvonbarnez
Chatty

Postby Mantisking » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:01 am

grafvonbarnez wrote: We've got our next game at the Whiz on the 22nd.

Speaking of that, I may be bringing another player. I talked to a friend on Saturday and he has the day free.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Scrape » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:05 pm

grafvonbarnez wrote:I'd certainly be down for a game out that way. I can't speak for the more eastern members, but Northampton's not too much of a drive for me.

Any idea when you'd want to play? We've got our next game at the Whiz on the 22nd, but most of my weekends are free.

Cool, I'll PM you the next time we schedule a big game (most of ours are short pick-up games). I'm looking into renting the local FLGS space for an event sometime this summer, maybe. We have a good-sized gaming population out here and I want to introduce new players through some kind of multi-table tournament. Maybe with prizes and the whole nine yards, that'd be cool. The space is great.

Also, I'll be hosting MFZ at Jiffycon at Hampshire College on the 21st of this month if anyone wants to make a gaming trip! We've got two tables lined up and it'd be awesome to fill them!

Jiffycon is a one-day small con dedicated to indie games:

https://plus.google.com/app/basic/event ... paba5o4ijc
Scrape
Been Around The Block

Postby Mantisking » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:40 am

Scrape wrote:Also, I'll be hosting MFZ at Jiffycon at Hampshire College on the 21st of this month if anyone wants to make a gaming trip! We've got two tables lined up and it'd be awesome to fill them!

I'll have to see if I can make it.

We've changed our next meeting at the Whiz to the 29th of June.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Next

Return to North America