[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Greater Seattle Area MoF0's

Greater Seattle Area MoF0's

Find games in North American countries.

Re: Greater Seattle Area MoF0's

Postby Lasivian » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:44 pm

I am trying to make at laest one piece of terrain per day until then. I won't have this weekend to build (Sakuracon)

Tho I kind of wish I had thought ahead and brought MFZ to Sakuracon as a miniatures game.
Lasivian
Chatty

Postby darksyntax » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:07 pm

I'm in. I may have a +1 and another friend who has other plans may stop by for a few anyway as he'll be in the area.

I have two companies ready to roll and I may patch up a 3rd this week time permitting (I have several companies that have been scavenged for parts that could get reassembled without too much work). I'll be bringing some terrain too. Maybe 8-10 pcs; simple stuff, nothing crazy.

I just dropped a mention on both the G+ community and Facebook group. Hope no one minds.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Kaiser1917 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:36 am

I loaded up my travel-case of MFZ goodies last night. This is gonna be awesome.
"Too close for missiles; I'm switching to guns!"
Kaiser1917
Talkative

Postby Lasivian » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:33 am

I have a ton of terrain, probably enough for 3 tables. But I wanted to make the games *LOOK* impressive.

I probably should make a few more frames and stations.
Lasivian
Chatty

Postby Lasivian » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:01 pm

Also, if anyone has extra parts to trade bring some along. I have a ton of specialty frame parts from Bricklink to trade (Or frankly to just give away if you ask really nicely, heh)

Thanks
Lasivian
Chatty

Postby darksyntax » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:44 pm

"Extra parts"? I don't understand... :P
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Lasivian » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:10 pm

Lasivian
Chatty

Postby DRevD » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:47 pm

Unfortunately 80% of my legos are not here in Seattle. I am having them brought over next month, so the frames I am bringing are with what I have on me atm. Next month or so I am also receiving a special shipment from Lego due to a LUG group I am part of. I ordered an unwholesome amounts of a certain piece (plus many others) and I will be very happy to trade
...down by the river.

DRevD
Been Around The Block

Postby Lasivian » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:22 am

Wake up and stumble out of bed everyone, it's game day :)
Lasivian
Chatty

Postby Kaiser1917 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:27 pm

MFZ-Day! Wooooooooooo! Leaving for Cafe Mox now!
"Too close for missiles; I'm switching to guns!"
Kaiser1917
Talkative

Postby DRevD » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:13 pm

I'll be there a bit late. Look for some dude around 1pm
...down by the river.

DRevD
Been Around The Block

Postby Zoysiamo » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:20 pm

We've got a couple of great games going! Image
Zoysiamo
Newcomer

Postby Rphilo » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:35 am

Nice meeting you guys today! Had a blast!
Rphilo
Talkative

Postby DRevD » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:21 am

Same here! Epic games. We'll need to meet up again.
...down by the river.

DRevD
Been Around The Block

Postby Lasivian » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:33 am

All my pictures from the day are posted here.

Do with them as you like. I shot one video as well, I'll upload that later.

Thanks!
Lasivian
Chatty

Postby Lasivian » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:06 pm

I made a Google+ group for Seattle here:
And a Google Group mailing list here:

(I am thinking the Google+ group is the better way to go, but by all means let me know what you think)

A few notes for next time

Things that went over well:

Printed flyers to hand out (had 3 left out of 34 at the end of the day)
Printed rules to hand out (all three went to good homes)
Getting there early to stake out a table or two
Terrain/Frames and general "Makin' stuff look pretty" (It seemed everyone who walked by was impressed by all the tables, good work folks!)

Things that could use some improvement:

More brick rulers (I don't much care for tape measures, however they DO work, heh) I plan to make 3 more rulers of each length.
The chairs left much to be desired (Not sure what to do about this one, any suggestions?)
Better score keeping and frame listing (While Kaiser1917 (I think he kept score) did an excellent job for the two games I was in I think a better solution could be made. Perhaps Mobile Frame Tools on an Android tablet?)
More videos (Anyone know of any videos of gameplay out there? I know watching folks actually play would have been great for getting to know how it all worked before playing a game)

I'm also curious if anyone is interested in changing "1d8" into "2d4 and add the result". We had a bit of discussion on this during the last game yesterday.

Anyone know of any "promo documentation" from MFZ that we can use rather than what I handed out?

Thanks!
Lasivian
Chatty

Postby Mantisking » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:22 pm

Are we going to see any battle reports?

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Lasivian » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Lasivian
Chatty

Postby darksyntax » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:47 am

darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Lasivian » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:57 am

Here is the movie I shot of some of the gameplay (and lots of the BSing) (1.3 gigs)

Thanks
Lasivian
Chatty

PreviousNext

Return to North America