[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - [United States] CA (sf bay area)

[United States] CA (sf bay area)

Find games in North American countries.

Re: [United States] CA (sf bay area)

Postby Soren » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:28 pm

Thanks guys. I'm a pretty avid walker, so no pressure, but I appreciate it.
I worked on the setting and mecha design, but my opinions are personal. I am not the .
See more stuff I've made: |
"People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations."
Soren
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby jugglervr » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:37 am

Our first demo night went off well. We had a demo table set up and a 4-man game running, as well, with another player watching and adjudicating.

On the demo side, we ran 2 separate 3-player games with Vincent's rules. I felt that another player wouldn't have been missed in each, for increased tactical tension.

In the first game, we played 5 turns solid and it took over an hour. The second game, we set the doomsday clock to 5 and let people bring it down as they saw fit. We had a lot of dynamic action and the players learned a lot. In all, we met some great new guys (including a kickstarter backer who has yet to assemble a company or really learn the game) and hopefully we'll be seeing them in the future.

We're running 2 more demos, one on friday the 11th and one on friday the 18th. If you're near the south SF bay area, come by Game Kastle around 7:pm to either play a full game or get a better handle on the rules in a demo, or both!
Last edited by jugglervr on Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jugglervr
Been Around The Block

Postby brendensparks » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:18 am

Thanks for running the demos last Friday. I finally dug through and sorted all of the pieces and sets I've been hoarding since the Kickstarter. I should easily have a company or two in the next two weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to make it one of the next two Fridays.
brendensparks
Newcomer

Postby jugglervr » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:22 pm

jugglervr
Been Around The Block

Postby wilyone » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:53 pm

Sat through a demo on Friday, thanks jugglevrv and Soren. While I am motivated to break through my builder's block to build frames, this is adding more motivation. Seeing some of the frames on the other table being closer to what I am capable of building didn't hurt either.

Oh, and seeing Soren's Alpha Bandit designs in person was alone worth the trip.
wilyone
Newcomer

Postby jugglervr » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:08 pm

jugglervr
Been Around The Block

Postby ctls » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:38 am

Two things: First, I really want to get some games in, and I live in San Jose right now. I've been to GK Santa Clara and played once there, and attended the Demo Soren did a while back, but I haven't been able to connect with players since. I have two small children, so playing at my place is a lot easier for me so I can support the wife with the little ones.

Second, I am planning on running a MF0:RA event at KublaCon next Memorial Day! I wonder how many people here attend KublaCon, and if so would want to participate in the event, particularly being a kind of table mentor so I can have more tables running at a time.

Thanks!

Chris
ctls
Newcomer

Postby chrisls » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:18 pm

This is my normal login - had a problem with the password reset. Posting to follow this thread.

Chris
Using Tapatalk
chrisls
Newcomer

Previous

Return to North America