Greetings and Salutations!

Introduce yourself
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Greetings and Salutations!

Postby Mwoods63 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:41 am

Hello all,

My name is Matt. I'm from Wisconsin and pretty new to Mobile Frame Zero. I discovered this source of Lego mech fighting goodness quite by chance but I am so glad I did. Two of my favorite things are Lego's and fighting robots! Plus, i'm looking for a cheaperish kinda sorta thing to standard tabletop games. Reason being is mostly the cost, but i'm also not a very patient or good modeller. However, I love building with Lego's. Always have and always will. I don't have any frames built yet but i'm hoping to construct some soon. If anybody has any tips, tricks, hacks, or suggestions I would love to hear them.

Also, i'm from the Fox Valley area of Northeast Wisconsin if there are any fellow players out there in the area.

Thanks and hope to see you on the battlefield trooper!

Matt
Mwoods63
Newcomer

Re: Greetings and Salutations!

Postby CmdrRook » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:26 am

Mwoods63 wrote:Hello all,

My name is Matt. I'm from Wisconsin and pretty new to Mobile Frame Zero. I discovered this source of Lego mech fighting goodness quite by chance but I am so glad I did. Two of my favorite things are Lego's and fighting robots! Plus, i'm looking for a cheaperish kinda sorta thing to standard tabletop games. Reason being is mostly the cost, but i'm also not a very patient or good modeller. However, I love building with Lego's. Always have and always will. I don't have any frames built yet but i'm hoping to construct some soon. If anybody has any tips, tricks, hacks, or suggestions I would love to hear them.

Also, i'm from the Fox Valley area of Northeast Wisconsin if there are any fellow players out there in the area.

Thanks and hope to see you on the battlefield trooper!

Matt

Welcome aboard, Matt!
Traps, ticks, and hicks can be found in the Forge subforums, and General Discussion/Toolbox threads are great places to be suggestified.
All kidding aside, price-point per model depends on how many resources you already own and how much detail and articulation you're aiming for in your builds. A Mixel set makes a pretty basic frame for about $5, making it one of the potentially cheapest minis games on the market, but when cruising the Flickr groups and build threads here, you're likely going to see a level of complexity that requires an investment of one kind or another. It may feel overwhelming, but folks here are helpful and supportive.
My recommendations:
Read up in the Rules and Forge backlog of topics. Ask questions where you don't find answers. Join discussions. Build what speaks to you.
Enjoy your stay!
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:06 am

Welcome!

Don't forget to check the SSC topic on the Forge, you will see what kind of crazy stuff you can do with as little as basic bricks!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:10 am

Welcome to the forum.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Return to Welcome & Introductions