Salut! russian gamer reporting in!

Introduce yourself
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Salut! russian gamer reporting in!

Postby Sovietshadow » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:05 am

So i actually started a few days ago and i've been having an overall swell time. But i figured i might as well tell you a bit:
I'm not actually russian, but American ('MURICA!), but i do find russia a cool place, despite its history and current government. I'm currently living in Virginia... not a lot of players here :(, but i'll make do. Most of my posts are made via my phone, but as soon as i can I'll get a good cam and start uploading my frame pics. Most of my inspiration comes from other brickers, although i try to be original. I actually discovered MF0 because I was writing a book. I was looking online for "cool vehicle concepts" for inspiration when I came across some of IronSniper's works. I saw a few "MFZ' tags and decided to look it up. I got the official site, then downloaded the rules, then found this epic piece of internet gold a few days later. Looking to make this site proud!

SALUT!
You laugh at fate, and fate will laugh right back at you.
Sovietshadow
Talkative

Re: Salut! russian gamer reporting in!

Postby Hackjob » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:35 am

Welcome to the forum! There is great group of people here. Do what you can to get a game in, it really does play well- particularly if you can get 3 players.

-Hackjob
-Hackjob

Here's more: my Flikr
Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby MoronicCinamun » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:12 am

Привет!
I believe I have similar stance, although the more I learn about what ACTUALLY went on in Soviet regime (purges and stuff :( ) the more I am dissapoint.
A great idea turned wrong by Man, like so many great philosophies.

I also see some 40k mentioning in your posts (and a deep hatred of heresy ;) ), so I think we will get along quite well :3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MoronicCinamun
Talkative

Postby CmdrRook » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:30 am

Welcome aboard, officially! There are plenty of players in and around the Virginia area, just keep an eye out. Looks like Shades_Corvid is going to be at RavenCon in April, so if you wanted to get a game in there and meet some more locals, be sure to poke your head into THIS THREAD HERE and say hello. I know a few folks who are coming from Virginia to Boston for PAX East in early March, but that's an investment of time and money that you may not have at your disposal.
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Sovietshadow » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:25 pm

I thought about it, but i dont think ill be able to attend ravencon (to busy... oh who am i kidding: ill just be bricking :) ). And actually i dont really have that big a problem with heresy... i actually like the tao more than the empire........................... what tells me im about to have to build myself a company to defend myself from a chapter of angry space marines? :D
You laugh at fate, and fate will laugh right back at you.
Sovietshadow
Talkative

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:28 pm

Just searched my name for fun and surprised to see how often it comes up! I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and as for as I know I am the only player in the 757 but it is true, I am planning to attend RavenCon this year and most likely PAX East next year.
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Welcome & Introductions