Hello from Texas!

Introduce yourself
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Hello from Texas!

Postby Viktor » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:19 am

Hello there everyone, had the fortune of running across the book in a google search trying to find a great sci-fi skirmish style game that wouldn't kill my wallet (its hard to combine being a college student and gaming sometimes) and am preparing to throw money at the actual book after reading the free pdf (which was a great way to go about it, I would not have considered the purchase without knowing more about the system). Currently looking through the kits that were listed on the main page (and trying to find Sean's book that is referenced in the 101 parts kit but to no avail so far, and really liking the idea of an army of conscripts from the book).

Anywho, to get away from rambling, its a pleasure to meet you guys. I also joined up on the facebook fan page as well (Trevor). Looking forward to learning some more about the game and the different designs involved. I'm currently in Nacogdoches, a few hours from both Houston and Dallas and about 30 mins away from Lufkin.

EDIT:

Does anyone have a play-by-play on assembling the Conscript? I am looking at picking up the buying list on the wiki and I assume the conscript could be built from the same parts as the commissar. I think it would be great to have one Commissar frame leading 4 or 5 Conscript frames.
Viktor
Newcomer

Re: Hello from Texas!

Postby Mantisking » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:37 am

Viktor wrote:Hello there everyone, had the fortune of running across the book in a google search trying to find a great sci-fi skirmish style game that wouldn't kill my wallet (its hard to combine being a college student and gaming sometimes) and am preparing to throw money at the actual book after reading the free pdf (which was a great way to go about it, I would not have considered the purchase without knowing more about the system).

Welcome!

Viktor wrote:Currently looking through the kits that were listed on the main page (and trying to find Sean's book that is referenced in the 101 parts kit but to no avail so far, and really liking the idea of an army of conscripts from the book).

I'm not sure which book you're speaking of.

Viktor wrote:Does anyone have a play-by-play on assembling the Conscript? I am looking at picking up the buying list on the wiki and I assume the conscript could be built from the same parts as the commissar. I think it would be great to have one Commissar frame leading 4 or 5 Conscript frames.

Try here and here.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Re: Hello from Texas!

Postby Viktor » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:33 pm

Thanks Mantis, and found the book on Amazon by Sean on how to build Lego robots, funny enough the main MF0 page listed links to buy sets based off that book.
Viktor
Newcomer

Return to Welcome & Introductions