Hi from the sky

Introduce yourself
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Hi from the sky

Postby StingerTheRaven » Mon May 29, 2017 8:11 pm

New to the forum, and the game itself really, though I've been lurking these parts for several years by now. You folks always come up with the best ideas..

As the title somewhat not-really implies, I'm rather obsessed with aircraft right now. And, really, my entire life. Feel free to guess what my first post in the frame subforum will be.

I discovered this game some.. 4? years ago by now? I don't even remember, it's been quite a while, but I was instantly hooked onto the idea of micro LEGO builds. (this might've been my first conscious encounter with micro LEGO!) However, my undying love for all things Battletech, and more recently Mechwarrior Living Legends, plus that for modern military equipment in general has left me something of a tank addict and lover of all things moving by spinny bits, and to this very day I don't entirely agree with the subforum separation between frames and vehicles, however justified it may be.

Much of my time spent thinking about MFZ has mostly been in tinkering with tanks, infantry and the occasional helicopter in LDD (well, stud.io more recently), and not actually reading over the game rules at all. I suspect a not-insignificant portion of this forum is here for the LEGO mechs more than the game.. however, recently I and a friend got tabletop simulator, perhaps the best encouragement I'll ever get to actually start playing. Having started reading into the rules, I'm rather intrigued, and starting to see this is no normal wargame..

For my first little while, I'll be either flooding the frame/vehicle hangars with my digital musings, or peeping up in the rules questions forum. Depending on if I remember to take screenshots and jot down notes, I may even toss up a batrep.

So, hi.
User avatar
StingerTheRaven
Newcomer
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 6:39 pm

Re: Hi from the sky

Postby Artasid » Mon May 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Hello and welcome to the Hanger fellow Battletech fan. As you have already started to discover, MFZ is not the typical tabletop wargame, as most of the players here can attest. We are a friendly and helpful group who are more than willing to assist in any questions or issues you may have.

I would also encourage you to browse the forums (If you haven't done so already) for any ideas, suggestions or inspirations.

Have fun, and again Welcome to the Hanger! 8-)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
User avatar
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:46 am
Location: Spokane WA

Re: Hi from the sky

Postby Shades_Corvid » Mon May 29, 2017 10:03 pm

Welcome to MF0!
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
User avatar
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran
 
Posts: 731
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:12 pm

Re: Hi from the sky

Postby Mantisking » Tue May 30, 2017 9:52 am

StingerTheRaven wrote:New to the forum, and the game itself really, though I've been lurking these parts for several years by now.

Welcome!

StingerTheRaven wrote:You folks always come up with the best ideas..

Thanks!

StingerTheRaven wrote:However, my undying love for all things Battletech, and more recently Mechwarrior Living Legends, plus that for modern military equipment in general has left me something of a tank addict and lover of all things moving by spinny bits, and to this very day I don't entirely agree with the subforum separation between frames and vehicles, however justified it may be.

Heh, I've been wanting to do away with the Vehicle sub-forum for years.

StingerTheRaven wrote:Much of my time spent thinking about MFZ has mostly been in tinkering with tanks, infantry and the occasional helicopter in LDD (well, stud.io more recently), and not actually reading over the game rules at all. I suspect a not-insignificant portion of this forum is here for the LEGO mechs more than the game..

You may be right. :-)
User avatar
Mantisking
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4807
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:17 pm
Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.

Re: Hi from the sky

Postby VitorFaria » Tue May 30, 2017 11:08 pm

Welcome to the Hangar, I'm eager to see your ships!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
User avatar
VitorFaria
Mod Team
 
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am
Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil


Return to Welcome & Introductions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest