Dog Fight!

Battle reports and play-by-post games
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Dog Fight!

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:05 pm

Met my good friend André so we could perform MF0:DF's first test!

My main objective was:

To test if the movement templates and firing arc system was viable, having a distinct flavor from the original game, offering new challenging choices while not making it frustrating.

And I must say it was success, the templates worked as planned, André and I used them with surprising ease, while they also threw us into difficult situations, like when we could either make a good attack or throw a good spot, but not both.

My secondary objective was:

Compare the usefulness of the turret weapon compared to the direct-fire weapon bound to an arc.

In my opinion, this was also a success, the turret proved handy despite the diminished power output.

Loadouts:

Red-White:
d6Rd d6Rd d6Y d6B d6W d6W d6G V WIng
d6Rd d6Rd d6Y d6B d6W d6W d6G V WIng
d6Rd d6Rd d6Y d6B d6W d6W d6G Gunship
d6Rt d6Rt d6Y d6B d6W d6W d6G Reseen Extended

Green:
d6Rd d6Rd d6Y d6B d6W d6W d6G Vetta
d6Rd d6Rd d6Y d6B d6W d6W d6G Vetta
d6Rd d6Rd d6Y d6B d6W d6W d6G Privateer

As you can see, we opted to not use SRRs or ships with loadouts further from a "soldier" fighter, to keep things simple for now. The next test will start including more diverse loadout choices.

The only aspect we found somewhat lacking was the placement of space debris, seems like IO inspired rules are not really a good fit here, as they felt too sparse, but we might be biased. More testing is needed to reach a firm conclusion, but I have plenty of ideas to remedy this already, many given by André as well.

Some pictures:

We used cardboard space debris tokens from X-Wing that André brought, in case you're wandering, but of course, bricked space debris would work the same.

I will post a more detailed breakdown of the turns soon, so stay tuned!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Re: Dog Fight!

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Preparing for my next battle report, I just noticed I forgot to post the turn pics from this game...

Well, better late than never, here they are!

I don't remember the details fully anymore, but I remember that André (Green fighters) got some cripplingly low defense rolls early on, which contributed to a pretty harsh loss too him.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Return to Mobile Frame Battle Reports