The Battle for the Cosmic Cephalopods

Battle reports and play-by-post games
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

The Battle for the Cosmic Cephalopods

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:59 pm

I finally had a full IO match with my good friend André, and it was blast!

I won't have time for a full report, so here goes some pics in no particular order, as I still believethat a poor report is better than none.

Some considerations:

• Yellow ace wasn't as broken as thought it was. It was still VERY VERY powerful!
  • Blue ace wasn't as useful as I thought it would, but might have to do with my lack of experience.
  • Boarding isn't as broken as I thought it would be, as frame companies usually have better stuff to do.
  • Conversely, Point Defense isn't a very powerful deterrent against boarding, or at least not how I imagined it would.
  • Controlling HVAs is hilarious and fun.
  • The game overall feels much more like RA than I thought, despite all the crazy stuff added the pace is still very dynamic.
  • Assault Weapons are deadly, ships are reduced to shreds by them real quickly.
  • Yet, we didn't use Support Weapons, but I saw myself wishing I had one many times, now I see how the extra range can be useful in IO, as getting into Assault range with ships can be really hard.

Fun stuff and tough decisions all around, how not to like it?

I feel that it needs more love, so here's some from me:

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Return to Mobile Frame Battle Reports