Brick Crusade Berlin, 3rd Event, 2nd Game, 3p (partial)

Battle reports and play-by-post games
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Brick Crusade Berlin, 3rd Event, 2nd Game, 3p (partial)

Postby Ced23Ric » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:10 pm

... and then, Pablo, someone who only watched during the first demo event I held, came by.

With Dominique still hyped and him ready to go, we started a 3 player game.

Pablos's Team:
d6W d6W d6Y d6B d6G d6Rd d6Rd
d6W d6W d6Y d6B d6G d6Rd d6Rd d8Rr
d6W d6W d6Y d6B d6G d6Ra d6Ra
1x station
7 assets x 3 ppa = 21 points

Dominique's Team:
d6W d6W d6Y d6B d6G d6Ra d6Ra d8Rr
d6W d6W d6Y d6B d6G d6Ra d6Ra
1x station
6 assets x 5 ppa = 30 points

Chris' Team:
d6W d6W d6Y d6B d6G d6Rh d6Rh d8Rr
1x station
5 assets x 7 ppa = 35 points

Additionally, we have a neutral station in the middle of the map.

Chris sets up his station and a point defender behind cover. Point Attacker Pablo sets up his frame out of cover. Then, Pablo and Dom put down their stations, only to follow up with frames and instantly trade stations right at the start. They laughed and quite enjoyed that part, because it messed with their initial plans in a beautiful way. Dom wanted to be sneay and puts one of his frames at my flank. Going last, I deploy my other two direct-fire frames and then put the melee Chub right in Dom's face - he wanted to skirt the edge of my perimeter and I welcome him right and proper.

The round starts off with me shooting some cover, which confuses both of them, until I spot Dom's sneaky Scrambler and follow up with a melee attack, sending him almost packing with 4 damage. Eyes go wide. Dashing for the station in the middle, I briefly hold it, but fire forces my then-wreck off the station and Pablo grabs it. Damage is light for Pablo, Dom and I trade heavy & focussed fire, though, as his artillery retaliates.

DDC is at 11, goes down to 10. Pablo and I tick, down to 8.

This is where it gets Hollywood-crazy. In rapid succession, the sneaky Scrambler of Dom, then the smoking Chubwreck of my company and last, Pablo's station capturing frame get destroyed in the fire. Dom dashes forward, snatches the station from Pablo and overtakes me in score. He has the initiative now. Other damage is light scratches.

DDC is at 8, down to 7. Dom and I tick, down to 5.
_____

At this point, it was 6:15pm and we were already 15 mins past closing, so we had to abort. I think I could have made it in the long run, by letting those two duke it out some more. Heh. :D
Image Vesopia - An Ijad-controlled system, where SU and FC are still fighting.
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Re: Brick Crusade Berlin, 3rd Event, 2nd Game, 3p (partial)

Postby Blorf » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:35 pm

Too bad! It had just got going. I like the terrain layout on this one.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Return to Mobile Frame Battle Reports